05598 1.25-Inch 25 Percent Transmission Moon Filter (Black)
Useful telese eyepiece filter transmits 25 percent of incoming light. Ideal for viewing crescent Moon phases and for lunar viewing in smaller-aperture teleses, for which less dimming is required. We are able to see the Moon at night thanks to sunlight reflecting off its rocky surface. When looking at the Moon through a telese, bright reflected sunlight can produce significant glare. The Moon's disk, even at partial phases, is in fact so intensely bright with reflected sunlight that observing surface details can be challenging due to the overwhelming glare. This glare can be so bright that it washes out most of the interesting lunar features such as craters, riles, mountains, and valleys. The considerable brightness also reduces contrast on our nearest neighbor in the solar system. When the Moon is in its crescent phase, it does not produce as much glare as when it is full or waxing, but filtration is still recommended to achieve optimal view quality. When looking at the Moon in relatively small (60mm-80mm) teleses, the brightness is not as distracting as in larger teleses, but some filtration is required to get the best observations. To improve contrast and tone down glare easily in these situations, we recommend using a neutral-density 1.25 inch 25 percent Transmission Moon Filter. This inexpensive accessory threads directly into a 1.25 inch eyepiece barrel and blocks 75 percent of the light gathered by the telese, making for more comfortable lunar views exhibiting higher contrast. Once installed on a 1.25 inch telese eyepiece, the 25 percent Transmission Moon Filter will bring out considerably more lunar surface details thanks to the boosted contrast. Not only will more surface features and details pop out, but you can study them in greater comfort, thanks to Moon Filter reducing overall brightness without altering color.
- A specialty Moon filter especially useful for increasing contrast during waning and waxing crescent phases
- Allows transmission of 25 percent of incoming light
- Reduces bright glare reflected off the Moon and boosts contrast and resolution of lunar surface features
- Metal filter cell threads directly into 1.25 inch telese eyepiece barrels
- Provides a brighter view than the 13 percent Moon filter by blocking less light - ideal for use with smaller teleses
Shipping is FREE within the lower 48 US States. FREE FOR ALASKA AND HAWAII CUSTOMERS
- We Do Not Ship to PO/APO Boxes
- We Do Not Ship Outside of the Continental US
- All items ship within 24-72 hours of Payment
- For large items that require Freight shipping a valid phone number is required to call and schedule your delivery
Terms of Sale and Feedback:
- Feedback is extremely important to us and eBay
- If you are satisfied with our transaction, please take a moment to leave Positive Feedback. YOUR Satisfaction is our #1 Priority!
- If there are any issues, PLEASE contact us BEFORE leaving a neutral or negative rating so that we may resolve any concerns.
- We PROMISE we can make you happy if you give us a fair chance.
Returns / Concerns:
- All items qualify for returns within 14 - 30 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for return shipping on any item that is not damaged
- Please be sure this is an item you want before making your purchase. Customer Satisfaction is our TOP priority!
- All items are IN STOCK at time of listing.
- Inventory on eBay changes constantly and it is impossible to maintain a perfectly accurate count of all items.
- Please do not penalize us if we have to issue you a refund!
Thank You For Your Business!
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories