05662 1.25-Inch 13 Percent Transmission Moon Filter (Black)
We are able to see the Moon at night thanks to sunlight reflecting off its rocky surface. When looking at the Moon through a telescope, bright reflected sunlight can produce significant glare. The Moon's disk, even at partial phases, is in fact so intensely bright with reflected sunlight that observing surface details can be challenging due to the overwhelming glare. This glare can be so bright that it washes out most of the interesting lunar features such as craters, rilles, mountains, and valleys. The considerable brightness also reduces contrast on our nearest neighbor in the solar system. To improve contrast and tone down glare easily, we recommend using a neutral-density 1.25 inch Orion 13 percent Transmission Moon Filter. This inexpensive accessory threads directly into a 1.25 inch eyepiece barrel and blocks 87 percent of the light gathered by the telescope, making for more comfortable lunar views exhibiting higher contrast. Once installed on a 1.25 inch telescope eyepiece, the Orion 13 percent Transmission Moon Filter will bring out considerably more lunar surface details thanks to the boosted contrast. only will more surface features and details pop out, but you can study them in greater comfort, thanks to Moon Filter reducing overall brightness without altering color. This neutral-density telescope eyepiece filter reduces irradiation, which is the distortion at the boundary between light and dark areas, such as along the lunar terminator. Using a Moon filter also helps conserve dark-adapted vision while viewing the lunar surface, especially when using big telescopes with 6 inches of aperture and larger. The Moon is one of the most interesting objects in the night sky to observe through a telescope. Its rugged surface is a feast for the eyes of amateur astronomers, with fascinating craters, mountainous highlands, and large, dark lunar seas formed by ancient volcanic activity.
- The Orion 1.25 inch 13 percent Transmission Moon Filter reduces glare so you can see more lunar detail and surface features with your telescope
- Perfectly neutral color will not alter the natural color of the Moon
- Metal filter cell threads directly into the 1.25 inch barrel of your telescope eyepiece
- Especially useful for large aperture telescopes through which the light of the Moon can be extremely overwhelming
- Telescope eyepiece filter transmits only 13 percent of the incoming light, boosting contrast and ability to discern detail on the Moon
Dimension: 0.25 x 1.25 x 1.25 inchs., Weight: 0.01lbs.
Thank you for your business, your trust and your confidence. It is our pleasure to work with our customers.
If you have any question. Please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send us message via eBay system. We reply every message within 48 hours. If you did not receive our reply. We think maybe we did not receive your message. Please send us message again.
- It should take 2-7 business days for the product to reach your destination.
- If the product doesnt reach your destination within the time limit, please give it an additional 1-2 business days in case of postal delays and/or possible technical issues.
- If it takes any longer than that, please do not hesitate to contact us to resolve the issues.
Our feedback is VERY important to us. We feel like we offer 5 star services and we would greatly appreciate a 5 star rating on your feedback. We will always return positive feedback for you as well! If you for any reason feel you have not had a 5 star transaction, please contact us before leaving feedback so that we can resolve the situation. Thank you!
Customer are eligible for returns within 30 days after the product arrives.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories