Who said you have to be in the dark to do astronomy Turning your telescope to the Sun is fun educational. Watch the march of giant sunspots, the clouds of glowing vapor in the photosphere, solar "granulation" detail. But be sure to protect your precious vision a safe solar filter Looking at the Sun without one, even for an instant, can permanently damage your eyes. Superior to Mylar These full-aperture optical glass telescope filters deliver superb views of the Sun, without risk to your eyes. While more expensive than Mylar filters, glass solar filters provide better contrast, a more natural yellow-orange color instead of blue, their glass aluminum construction is much more durable. They're ideal for photographing the Sun too The glass elements are machine-polished triple-coated an advanced nickel-chromium stainless steel alloy for a scratch-resistant surface. The filter passes only a fraction of the ining light, rejecting harmful ultraviolet infrared radiation. Each filter is mounted in an aluminum cell that slide-fits over the front of your telescope.
- A must-have to safely observe the sun without damaging your eyes - optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope's aperture to block 99.9 percent of ining sunlight
- Fits StarBlast 4.5 SkyQuest XT4.5 reflectors, AstroView 120 120ST refractors, StarMax Apex 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes, other models
- Filter inside diameter is 5.81 inch - fits telescope optical tubes an outer diameter of 5.56 inch to 5.81 inch included shim materials securing thumbscrews
- Each telescope solar filter is mounted in a foam-lined aluminum cell featuring three equidistant securing thumbscrews, 4x 1/16 inch thick adhesive foam tabs, 4x 1/8 inch thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your telescope
- Note: All solar filters are designed for use an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
Manufacturer: / /Dimension: 1.1 x 4.5 x 4.5 inchs., Weight: 0.53lbs.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories