- NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope - Compact and Portable - Newtonian Reflector Optical Design - SkyAlign Technology - Computerized Hand Control - 130mm Aperture
Building on the popularity of our NexStar 114SLT telescope, the 130SLT by inspires us to go bigger, with 30% more light-gathering power than our 114mm telescope. The NexStar 130SLT is a computerized telescope that offers a database of more than 4,000 stars, galaxies, nebulae, and more. The telescope locates your object with pinpoint accuracy and tracks it. At the heart of the telescope’s Newtonian reflector optical design, a large 130mm primary mirror gives fully color-corrected views ideal for astronomical use. The 130SLT comes with a fully computerized NexStar+ hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters, and dozens of beautiful binary stars. This telescope for s and kids to be used together is ideal for weekend camping trips or excursions to dark sky sites. Its compact form factor makes it easy to transport and assemble just about anywhere. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED make aligning a breeze. Simply center any three bright objects in the eyepiece and the NexStar SLT aligns to the night sky, ready to locate thousands of objects. The NexStar 130SLT Computerized GoTo Telescope also includes a free download of our Starry Night Basic Edition astronomy software for an interactive sky simulation. The power of this computerized telescope allows you to view the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter, and a number of the Messier objects, such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13) or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130SLT’s five-inch primary mirror. Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
computerized NexStar 130 SLT adds affordable "Go-To" technology to a compact Newtonian reflector telescope. By using mirrors instead of lenses, the Newtonian optics of the NexStar 130 SLT produce an image nearly five times brighter than the refractor telescope. The package includes everything except the batteries, and features easy no-tool setup, two good eyepieces, and even includes a student version of "The Sky" planetarium software.
The Newtonian design of the NexStar 130 SLT is optimized to produce bright images over a wide field of view. When I use an optional eyepiece, the famous Double Cluster in Perseus looks like a display of celestial fireworks with streamers of stars trailing across the 2 degree field of view. The standard equipment 25mm eyepiece magnifies the image about 26 times, with a wide field of view just right for viewing deep space objects like star clusters or the Orion Nebula.
The included 9mm eyepiece (72x magnification) offers great views of the Lunar disk and globular star clusters like M13. And when I add a to the 9mm eyepiece for a total magnification of 144x, I can easily see cloud bands on the planet Jupiter and pick up detail in Saturn’s rings.
The NexStar 130 SLT also features patented SkyAlign technology. With SkyAlign I don't need a star chart or a compass to align the telescope, I just enter the date and time then point the telescope at three bright stars. SkyAlign tells me the star names, and allows the telescope to find over 4,000 stars, planets, and galaxies by just pushing a button. The accurate tracking makes it easy to get high power views of the planets, and allowed me to take some great pictures using a webcam. I also like the "Two-Star align" and "Solar System align" modes because I can often get the NexStar system up and running while older scopes are still waiting for their alignment stars to appear in he twilight.
Reflector telescopes offer more light gathering power per dollar than any other design, but that value is balanced by the fact that the mirrors may need to be aligned or "collimated" occasionally. Using
I had no trouble fine tuning the optical alignment, and I was rewarded with sharp views of Lunar craters even when I pushed the magnification up to the theoretical limit of 300x. The other drawback of a computerized telescope, of course, is battery consumption. An optional PowerTank battery is a handy way to power the NexStar 130 SLT, and I like to keep the tripod legs short and observe while seated because this gives me a solid and comfortable view. --Jeff Phillips
- Wide field views
- Computerized go-to tracking
- Light and portable
- Short battery life
- Sensitive to vibration
- COMPUTERIZED STAR TELESCOPE: The NexStar 130SLT is a computerized telescope that offers a database of more than 40,000 stars, galaxies, nebulae, and more. The telescope locates your object with pinpoint accuracy and tracks it. Compatible with 2 inch eyepieces
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE: This telescope for s and kids to be used together is ideal for weekend camping trips or excursions to dark sky sites. Its compact form factor makes it easy to transport and assemble just about anywhere.
- NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR OPTICAL DESIGN: The NexStar 130SLT is the largest in the SLT family. The 130mm aperture gathers enough light to see our Solar System and beyond. View Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s cloud bands, and the Moon in brilliant detail.
- FAST SETUP WITH SKYALIGN: proprietary SkyAlign procedure has you ready to observe in minutes. Simply center any three bright objects in the eyepiece and the NexStar SLT aligns to the night sky, ready to locate thousands of objects.
- BONUS FREE STARRY NIGHT SOFTWARE: The NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope includes a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs for an interactive sky simulation.
- UNBEATABLE AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
- Fast shipping is very important for us.
- Our standard US shipping service is FREE.
- Your order will be shipped within 2-3 business days upon full payment received.
- Your order will be delivered within 2-3 business days after the handling time.
- We only ship to the confirmed Paypal address. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason at any time.
- We are not responsible for undeliverable addresses.
Returns and payment
- We offer a 30 days return policy from checkout winning date.
- We allow only PayPal as payment method
- Your feedback very important to us, after you get your package and you are satisfied with our service please leave us positive feedback
- If you have any problem with your order / any questions please before leave any type of feedback
For any questions, using eBay contact system
Please visit our eBay store to check out other items for sale!
Thank you for shopping at our store.
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)