7398 2.1 Pound Counterweight for EQ-1 and Min-EQ Mounts
The 2.1lb counterweight for the EQ-1 and Min-EQ equatorial mounts lets you take full advantage of the equatorial mount's tracking abilities, even when you have a small amount of equipment attached. Ideal for use with smaller equipment payloads such as a DSLR camera or small telescope, the narrow 2.1lb counterweight will not make contact with the EQ-1M motor drive housing during extensive motorized tracking of celestial objects. If you are, for example, performing wide-field astrophotography using a DSLR camera and a wide camera lens, this narrow counterweight provides enough weight to balance the DLSR properly on the equatorial mount, and it won't interfere with the EQ-1M motor drive housing while tracking. Many standard 5lb and heavier counterweights are too heavy to achieve proper balance with lighter equipment payloads on an equatorial mount. In most cases you must position the heavy counterweight all the way up the counterweight shaft to optimize balance. In this position, the standard wide counterweight can make contact with the EQ-1M motor drive, making it impossible to track an object for extended periods of time. This narrow 2.1lb counterweight is perfect for achieving proper balance with lighter equipment, and its narrow 46mm (1.8") diameter will not make contact with the EQ-1M motor drive, no matter what the orientation is of the Right Ascension axis. Now you can track celestial objects all night long without having to worry!
From the Manufacturer
Small 2.1lb counterweight for proper balancing of lighter loads on the EQ-1 or Min-EQ equatorial mounts. Narrow weight diameter eliminates contact with EQ-1M motor drive, allowing full rotation of the Right Ascension axis. Ideal for balancing relatively lightweight DSLR camera and lens combinations on the EQ1 and/or Min-EQ equatorial mounts. Counterweight measures 46mm (1.8") in diameter and 85mm (3.35") in length
- Small 2.1lb counterweight for proper balancing of lighter loads on the EQ-1 or Min-EQ equatorial mounts
- Narrow weight diameter eliminates contact with EQ-1M motor drive, allowing full rotation of the Right Ascension axis
- Ideal for balancing relatively lightweight DSLR camera and lens combinations on the EQ1 and/or Min-EQ equatorial mounts
- Counterweight measures 46mm (1.8") in diameter and 85mm (3.35") in length
Shipping is FREE within the lower 48 US States. FREE FOR ALASKA AND HAWAII CUSTOMERS
- We Do Not Ship to PO/APO Boxes
- We Do Not Ship Outside of the Continental US
- All items ship within 24-72 hours of Payment
- For large items that require Freight shipping a valid phone number is required to call and schedule your delivery
Terms of Sale and Feedback:
- Feedback is extremely important to us and eBay
- If you are satisfied with our transaction, please take a moment to leave Positive Feedback. YOUR Satisfaction is our #1 Priority!
- If there are any issues, PLEASE contact us BEFORE leaving a neutral or negative rating so that we may resolve any concerns.
- We PROMISE we can make you happy if you give us a fair chance.
Returns / Concerns:
- All items qualify for returns within 14 - 30 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for return shipping on any item that is not damaged
- Please be sure this is an item you want before making your purchase. Customer Satisfaction is our TOP priority!
- All items are IN STOCK at time of listing.
- Inventory on eBay changes constantly and it is impossible to maintain a perfectly accurate count of all items.
- Please do not penalize us if we have to issue you a refund!
Thank You For Your Business!
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories