Astromania 1.25" Mars Observing Eyepiece Filter - Prepare for July's Opposition - Designed to ferret out resolution of Martian polar regions, highland mountain ranges, and expansive mare flatlands
Size:1.25" Mars Observation Filter The Astromania Mars Filter allows you to
view our second closest celestial neighbor in exceptional detail.Dielectric
coatings transmit violet/blue (615nm) wavelengths
where detail is rich, while blocking overbearing yellow/green (515nm-615nm)
wavelengths. Using the Mars Filter: To use the Mars Filter you will need to
thread it into a 1.25" eyepiece that can accept threaded filters. Simply
thread the filter into the eyepiece barrel until it is finger tight. Although
not necessarily recommended for viewing Mars, you may also try “stacking”
multiple filters by threading another into the bottom of the first. After
threading a filter into the eyepiece, place the eyepiece into your telescope’s
focuser and bring it into focus. You should now be able to observe Martian
landscape features in detail. Care and Storage: When not in use, your filter
should be kept in its original foam-lined case. Given proper care and storage,
the filter should last a lifetime. Any quality optical lens cleaning tissue
and optical lens cleaning fluid specifically designed for multi-coated optics
can be used to clean the glass surfaces of the filter. Never use regular glass
cleaner or cleaning fluid designed for eyeglasses. Before cleaning with fluid
and tissue, blow any loose particles off the surface with a blower bulb or
compressed air. Then apply some cleaning fluid to a tissue, never directly on
the optics. Wipe the lens gently in a circular motion then remove any excess
fluid with a fresh lens tissue. Use caution: rubbing too hard may scratch the
filter glass. Do not remove the filter glass from its housing for cleaning.
- Make sure this fits. by entering your model number.
- Astromania 1.25" Mars Filter is an excellent multi-purpose filter for viewing all features of Mars. Polar caps stand out prominently. Landscape features like mare and highland mountain ranges are easily separated and resolved. Polar hazes and cloud cover become visible.
- Fully-coated Mars filter: An invaluable tool for any planetary viewer with an interest in the red planet, increases contrast to bring out subtle details on the disc of the red planet.
- It's thread into the barrels of virtually any 1.25" telescope eyepiece, the threads on both sides of the filter make it also possible to combine different filters.
- High-performance observational eyepiece filter helps reveal feature details of Mars easily in any telescope, you'll see polar ice cap detail, subtle mare shadings, duststorm and cloud activity when using the Mars filter on a clear, dark evening.
- The filter mount is precision manufactured from metal and is extremely thin to minimise shadowing and diffraction. Machined of high quality aluminum and anodized black, durable for long time use.
- Product Dimensions: 2.1 x 1.7 x 0.7 inches
- Item Weight: 0.32 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Item model number: SKU_AM_MF125
Shipping & Handling
Orders are shipped within one day and tracking information is provided as soon as it is available from our carriers
Please ensure the correct shipping address is provided at the time of purchase. We cannot correct your address after purchase. We will not be responsible for incorrect addresses or undeliverable addresses.
Shipping to AK, HI, PO boxes, or APO addresses is not provided.
Returns within 14 days are excepted and a 15% restocking fee will be charged.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories