Astromania 1.25" Narrowband H-Beta Filter
Size: 1.25" H-Beta Filter
- Product Dimensions: 2.8 x 2.7 x 0.6 inches
- Item Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Item model number: SKU_AM_HF1
- Make sure this fits. by entering your model number.
- Filter with metal mount 1.25" filter threads on both sides.
- Executes with a transmission of over 90% and completely rejects light pollution.
- The high optical quality of the Astromania filters guarantees no loss in sharpness or contrast.
- Have extremely high transmissions, while completely rejecting light pollution as well as the important blocking of longer wavelengths.
- Substrate is fine-optically polished plane parallel to deliver a smooth and accurate 1/4 wavefront over the entire surface.
Size:1.25" H-Beta Filter One of our High Transmission (HT) precision range of
filters, this 1.25" H-Beta Filter is sure to impress on performance, quality
and price. It comes with its own individual data sheet of performance -
guaranteed! It is an extremely useful filter for observing the very feint
nebulae. It has a very limited transmission range of 484 - 490nm (70%) and 478
- 483 & 492- 497nm (60+%). The very sharp cut offs only allow the hydrogen
beta light that these feint objects emit to pass through. By cutting off
almost all of the visual spectrum the filter effectively blackens the sky to
make these objects show through. This filter is best used on large aperture
telescopes (8" +) under very good seeing conditions and is an essential item
for those astronomers who enjoy tracking down the most elusive of deep space
objects. This is a filter for visual observational use.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories