Astromania 1.25" Superior Quality Multiple 5-Position Filter Wheel For Te... New
- It is 5-Position 1.25" Filter Wheel For Telecope. and high-quality telescope filter wheel allows you to quickly and easily change.A huge time-saver for filtered planetary and lunar observation using different color filters, or for tri-color astrophotography pursuits. Included 5-Position 1.25" Filter Wheel lets you install all filters and then dial-in the 1.25" filter you want to use for a particular astrophotographic exposure. The filters can be changed very quickly at any time.
- The robustly constructed filter wheel is supplied with a 1.25" eyepiece adaptor, 1.25" focuser nosepiece, T-2 camera adaptor and locking ring. The filter wheel can be attached to your focuser either by the supplied 1.25" nosepiece adaptor or via a T-thread. It is ideally suitable for visual observations with 1.25" eyepieces. and with the included T2 adapter it is also perfectly suitable for astrophotography with single lens reflex cameras and CCD cameras.
- The very short design also permits the use of devices with short back focus such as Newton or Dobson telescopes.Keep in mind that use of the Multiple Filter Wheel requires 20mm of inward focus travel. This will not be a problem for most telescope designs, but could be a problem for Newtonian reflectors. The included T2 adapter comes with a locking ring, whereby high-precision distance regulation becomes possible.Its very sturdy aluminum housing makes it also suitable for heavy cameras.
- Use: The Astromania Multiple Filter Wheel features a helpful number system that allows you to quickly place the filter of your choice into the light path. Simply note the reference number of each filter during installation, then rotate the knurled wheel until the desired number is displayed in the small notch in the filter wheel housing.
- Care and Storage: Feel free to leave your 1.25" filters installed in the wheel during storage. To avoid excessive dust buildup, be sure to attach the dustcaps prior to storing, and use a foam-lined accessory case. The foam-lined box your Multiple Filter Wheel arrives in also acts as a convenient storage container. Simply unthread the 1.25" nosepiece from the filter wheel and place the wheel and nosepiece in the diecut foam. Now you can safely store your filter wheel without worrying about dust.
It is 5-Position 1.25" Filter Wheel For Telescope. High-quality telescope filter wheel allows you to quickly and easily change. The robustly constructed filter wheel is supplied with a 1.25" eyepiece adaptor, 1.25" focuser nosepiece, T-2 camera adaptor and locking ring.
This 1.25" filter wheel lets you use up to 5 different filters and change them within a couple of seconds -your filters are always remain ready to use, whether for photography or visual observing. Use the filter wheel with UHC, OII, CLS and other filters, for example - this will let you quickly and easily find the best filter when visually observing.
The Astromania Multiple Filter Wheel features a helpful number system that allows you to quickly place the filter of your choice into the light path. Simply note the reference number of each filter during installation, then rotate the knurled wheel until the desired number is displayed in the small notch in the filter wheel housing. When using the Multiple Filter Wheel, you may find it useful to leave one of the five threaded filter locations empty, as it provides an unfiltered option for viewing or imaging. Keep in mind that use of the Multiple Filter Wheel requires 20mm of inward focus travel. This will not be a problem for most telescope designs, but could be a problem for Newtonian reflectors.
- Use the supplied hex key to unthread the screw of central axis and two socket head screws of the back panel of the filter wheel assembly. Be sure to place the screws in a safe place so they do not become lost. Once two screws have been removed, gently separate the front plate from the filter wheel. Install the 1.25" filters of your choice into the tray simply by threading them into the filter tray. You may wish to note the number designation of each installed filter for convenient reference during use. You may find it useful to leave one of the five threaded filter locations empty, providing an unfiltered option for viewing or imaging. Once you have installed all the filters you wish to use, carefully place the filter tray back into the wheel assembly. Be sure the small plastic tab fully registers with the central hole of the wheel assembly so that it “clicks” into place. Position the rear plate so that the opening is aligned with the opening of the front plate. Complete installation by reattaching the rear plate of the filter wheel assembly with the socket head screws.
- If you are installing an individual filter or swapping one filter for another, you can avoid partial disassembly of the filter wheel. To install an individual filter, unthread the 1.25" nosepiece from the assembly to expose the internal filter tray. Rotate the tray so the desired filter location is shown. Install the 1.25" filter by placing it on the filter tray and rotating it clockwise with your fingertips. Astromania 1.25" filters feature a knurled rim which will prove helpful for this type of installation. Be careful not to touch the actual filter surface. Note: individual filter installation without disassembly may not be convenient for all users, especially those with large fingers!
Filter Wheel Configurations
Attaching an Eyepiece:
For visual use, you will need to attach the 1.25" eyepiece adapter to the Multiple Filter Wheel. To do this, thread the 1.25" adapter onto the back plate of the wheel assembly. Once the adapter is completely attached, unscrew the knurled thumbscrew until it is flush with the inside surface of the adapter and insert a 1.25" eyepiece. Secure the eyepiece by tightening the thumbscrew.
Attaching a digital imager:
If you are using a digital imager that features T-threads, you can attach it directly to the Multiple Filter Wheel. If your digital imager has a 1.25" nosepiece, remove it to expose the T-threads. Now simply thread the imager onto the camera adapter, and then thread the adapter onto the rear plate of the filter wheel assembly. You can lock your camera or digital imager in a preferred position by using the camera adapter's locking ring. Once you have positioned your camera or imager, rotate the knurled locking ring counter clockwise until it locks the camera or imager into place.
Attaching a Camera:
The Multiple Filter Wheel can be extremely useful for astro-imaging with a camera body, be it a SLR camera, CCD, or CMOS device. To attach a SLR camera to the filter wheel, use the included camera adapter and an optional T-ring for your SLR model. Attach the side of the camera adapter without the knurled lock ring to the rear plate of the wheel assembly by rotating it clockwise until tight. Now thread your SLR camera T-ring onto the exposed T threads. Note: The filter wheel arrives with the camera adapter preinstalled.
Attaching the Filter Wheel to a Telescope:
- Using the 1.25" nosepiece: If your telescope features a 1.25” focuser, adapter, or diagonal the easiest way to attach the Multiple Filter Wheel is by using the included 1.25" nosepiece. Thread the nosepiece onto the front plate of the wheel assembly. Now simply insert the nosepiece into your telescopes' 1.25" focuser or accessory and secure by tightening the thumbscrew.
- Using T-threads: Some telescopes feature focus adapters with exterior T-threads. If you are using such a telescope, you can attach the Multiple Filter Wheel directly to the T-threads without using the 1.25" nosepiece. Carefully attach the wheel to the T-threads by rotating the entire assembly clockwise until tight.
Parts List and Care/Storage:
Feel free to leave your 1.25" filters installed in the wheel during storage. To avoid excessive dust buildup, be sure to attach the dustcaps prior to storing, and use a foam-lined accessory case. The foam-lined box your Multiple Filter Wheel arrives in also acts as a convenient storage container. Simply unthread the 1.25" nosepiece from the filter wheel and place the wheel and nosepiece in the diecut foam. If you have the 1.25" eyepiece adapter installed, unthread it and replace with the T-thread ring. Now you can safely store your filter wheel without worrying about dust build-up on your filters.
- Filter Wheel
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Eyepiece Adapter
- Camera Adapter
- Rotation Lock Ring
- Threaded End-cap (For Storage)
We offer the best prices around on high quality products. Our E-store includes media such as books, movies, music and games while offering electronics, toys, sporting apparel, clothing, tools, general home, garden items and more.
We are always working hard to ensure your package arrives as soon as possible. Please understand that some factors like weather, high postal traffic, and the performance of shipping companies are outside of our control.
We offer free shipping to the lower 48 states and ship within 2 business days of payment, usually sooner. We do not accept P.O. Boxes. Please provide a physical address.
For shipping outside of the continental USA, we only use eBay's Global Shipping Program.The item is shipped to KY and then sent to the rest of the world. International customers are responsible for all duties and taxes. Continue to check out in order to calculate costs for shipping the item to your country. Messages regarding eBay's Global Shipping Program MUST be directed at eBay EXCLUSIVELY.
We offer a 30-Day Return Policy on items which you are not completely satisfied with. You have the option for a full-refund or an exchange of the item. No returns are available on items shipped outside of the USA.
We accept PayPal.
This page content is yet to come
Please ad us to your favorite seller and visit again later
We try our very best to make sure every customer is completely satisfied. If there's a problem, message us! We're happy to help.
Copyright © 2018 AutoDs. | All Rights Reserved
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories