:: eBay Listing Template ::
Astromania 1.25Inch Metal Collimating Cheshire Eyepiece without Laser for Newtonian Reflector Telescope - Short Version
Size:Short Version This is a great accessory for precisely collimating the
optics of your Newtonian reflector telescope to achieve the best image the
telescope can deliver.The approximately 2.6" long aluminum tube is a
combination sight tube and Cheshire eyepiece. Peephole in the top and wire
crosshairs at the bottom allow quick and precise centering of the optics. Fits
in 1.25" focusers or in 2"-1.25" adapters. All metal construction. To use the
collimating eyepiece, insert it into the eyepiece tube of your telescope and
illuminate the angled ring. Sight down the tube and note the crosshair target.
Center the First Mirroe (diagonal in a Newt, secondary in a CAT) on the
crosshair, and adjust its tilt until the bright ring the collimator is
producing is centered in the reflection. Next, adjust each successive mirror
in the scope so that the image of the ring is concentric with the optic.
Professional opticians refer to this as “working BACK THROUGH the system,”
ie.: adjusting each mirror in succession from the eyepiece outwards. In other
words, before you align the primary on a CAT system, you have to have the
secondary aligned, because it’s the first thing you SEE while looking up the
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches
- Item Weight: 3.04 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Item model number: SKU_AM_MCES1
- Fits in 1.25" focusers and easy to use;simply cap the telescope, remove the diagonal, and place the eyepiece directly in the focuser.
- For aligning optics of Newtonian reflectors, Dobsonian reflectors, and Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes (SCTs).
- The short collimator for mirror (reflector) telescopes has a 45 degree plate for easier visual accuracy.
- Item was made by aluminum with crosshair at the bottom allow quick and precise centering of the optics.
- This collimation eyepiece can be used for precisely collimating the Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector telescopes for better image quality.
Size: Short Version
Terms & Conditions
Price Wiper is a diverse store and we pride ourselves on originality, good taste, and customer satisfaction. Please take a look at what we have to offer and enjoy!
Terms & Conditions
-We try our very hardest to make sure that each and every one of our customers is happy with their order. If for any reason you are not, then please contact us instead of leaving negative feedback, and we'll do our best to make things right and make you happy!
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories