Astromania 1.25Inch Metal Collimating Cheshire Eyepiece without Laser for Newtonian Reflector Telescope - Short Version
- Fits in 1.25" focusers and easy to use;simply cap the telescope, remove the diagonal, and place the eyepiece directly in the focuser.
- For aligning optics of Newtonian reflectors, Dobsonian reflectors, and Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes (SCTs).
- The short collimator for mirror (reflector) telescopes has a 45 degree plate for easier visual accuracy.
- Item was made by aluminum with crosshair at the bottom allow quick and precise centering of the optics.
- This collimation eyepiece can be used for precisely collimating the Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector telescopes for better image quality.
This is a great accessory for precisely collimating the optics of your Newtonian reflector telescope to achieve the best image the telescope can deliver.The approximately 2.6" long aluminum tube is a combination sight tube and Cheshire eyepiece. Peephole in the top and wire crosshairs at the bottom allow quick and precise centering of the optics. Fits in 1.25" focusers or in 2"-1.25" adapters. All metal construction. To use the collimating eyepiece, insert it into the eyepiece tube of your telescope and illuminate the angled ring. Sight down the tube and note the crosshair target. Center the First Mirroe (diagonal in a Newt, secondary in a CAT) on the crosshair, and adjust its tilt until the bright ring the collimator is producing is centered in the reflection. Next, adjust each successive mirror in the scope so that the image of the ring is concentric with the optic. Professional opticians refer to this as "working BACK THROUGH the system," ie.: adjusting each mirror in succession from the eyepiece outwards. In other words, before you align the primary on a CAT system, you have to have the secondary aligned, because it's the first thing you SEE while looking up the tube.
- We offer FREE shipping on all orders!
- We ship within Three business days of payment, usually sooner.
- We use a selection of shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS etc.
- We only ship to the lower 48 states, no APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes allowed.
- Local pickups and combined shipping options are not provided at this time.
- You can return a product for up to 30 days from the date you purchased it.
- Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
We accept payment by any of the following methods:
Please pay as soon as possible after winning an auction, as that will allow us to post your item to you sooner!
Customer satisfaction is very important to us.
If you have any problem with your order, please contact us and we will do our best to make you satisfied.
If you have any queries, please contact us via ebay. We usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
Please visit our eBay store to check out other items for sale!
Thank you for shopping at our store.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories