Astromania 1.25Inch Metal Collimating Cheshire Eyepiece without Laser for Newtonian Reflector Telescope - Short Version
This is a great accessory for precisely collimating the optics of your Newtonian reflector telescope to achieve the best image the telescope can deliver.The approximately 2.6" long aluminum tube is a combination sight tube and Cheshire eyepiece. Peephole in the top and wire crosshairs at the bottom allow quick and precise centering of the optics. Fits in 1.25" focusers or in 2"-1.25" adapters. All metal construction. To use the collimating eyepiece, insert it into the eyepiece tube of your telescope and illuminate the angled ring. Sight down the tube and note the crosshair target. Center the First Mirroe (diagonal in a Newt, secondary in a CAT) on the crosshair, and adjust its tilt until the bright ring the collimator is producing is centered in the reflection. Next, adjust each successive mirror in the scope so that the image of the ring is concentric with the optic. Professional opticians refer to this as "working BACK THROUGH the system," ie.: adjusting each mirror in succession from the eyepiece outwards. In other words, before you align the primary on a CAT system, you have to have the secondary aligned, because it's the first thing you SEE while looking up the tube.
- Fits in 1.25" focusers and easy to use;simply cap the telescope, remove the diagonal, and place the eyepiece directly in the focuser.
- For aligning optics of Newtonian reflectors, Dobsonian reflectors, and Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes (SCTs).
- The short collimator for mirror (reflector) telescopes has a 45 degree plate for easier visual accuracy.
- Item was made by aluminum with crosshair at the bottom allow quick and precise centering of the optics.
- This collimation eyepiece can be used for precisely collimating the Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector telescopes for better image quality.
We offer FREE shipping on all orders!
We ship within 3 business days of payment, usually sooner
We use a selection of shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS etc
We only ship to the lower 48 states, no APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes allowed
We accept payment by PayPal only - Can accept all kind of credit cards
Before buying, please make sure your PayPal and eBay address is correct. If not, please correct it before payment.
We have confidence in our products, but if you are not fully satisfied please contact us within 30 days of purchase and you will get full refund.
Return the product in the same condition you received it.
Please note - return shipping will be paid by the buyer.
We try our best to make sure every customer is completely satisfied.
If there's a problem, feel free to message us! We're happy to help.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories