Astromania Flexible Dew Shield for Telescope Front Outer Diameter from 250 - 270mm diameter - keep dew away and gives you clear observing for the entire night
Size:For Outer Diameter from 250mm - 270mm A dew shield is an essential
accessory that protects your optical tube from excess moisture forming
condensation on the corrector lens. A lens shade also helps block out stray
light outside the path of the telescope for better viewing and
astroimaging.Astromania dew shield keeps dew away and gives you clear
observing for the entire night and protect your optics from dew and stray
light.In clear nights, dew is often a real problem. After only a few hours,
the optics start fogging, making observations or photography impossible. A
good dew shield reduces the risk of fogging and extends the observing time. On
the inside, dew shields from Astromania Optics are coated with felt which
absorbs dew. Dew can be a problem at almost any time of the year. Especially
when it's a little cooler, tiny droplets condense out from the water vapour in
the air and fog-up the optics of your telescope. The Astromania dew shield
keeps dew away and gives you clear observing for the entire night. Details:
Suitable for tubes: diameter from 250 mm to 270 mm Material: ABS Contact
surface to the telescope: foam rubber Inner liner: black felt - light and dew
absorbing Height of the dew shield: 385mm Total lenght: 900mm
- Astromania flexible dew shield are constructed of black ABS plastic and are all felt lined for maximum absorbtion of moisture and baffling of stray light. Particularly strong attachment to the telescope by non-slip foam rubber at the contact area to the tube.
- The flexible design is quite practical, as it allows you to slide the dew shield behind a cupboard or next to your eyepiece case - it is optimally space-saving!
- The dew shield is lined on the inside with a black velvet-like fabric. This not only minimizes reflections but also ensures that no dew can reach the telescope's optics.
- Height of the dew shield: 385mm, total lenght: 900mm. Suitable for Telescope tubes with 250 - 270 mm diameter.A dew shield prevents your telescope optics fogging-up in the first place. It keeps the optics completely dew-free and lets you observe for hours with the optimal view.
- Flexible Velcro fastener provides optimal adaption to the diameter of the telescope or telephoto lens. Ideal for the transport - the dew shield can be placed space-saving around the tube.Very important if you live in a place that has dew often or if you use your scope in the daytime and want to keep stray light out and the contrast high.
- Product Dimensions: 17.1 x 7.1 x 0.1 inches
- Item Weight: 11.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Item model number: SKU_AM_FDS900
Shipping & Handling
Orders are shipped within one day and tracking information is provided as soon as it is available from our carriers
Please ensure the correct shipping address is provided at the time of purchase. We cannot correct your address after purchase. We will not be responsible for incorrect addresses or undeliverable addresses.
Shipping to AK, HI, PO boxes, or APO addresses is not provided.
Returns within 14 days are excepted and a 15% restocking fee will be charged.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories