Brand New Astromania Polar Alignment Scope for EQ-5, Black - for Both Northern and Southern Hemispheres Eyepiece Focus Adjustment to Achieve Sharp Focus on Reticle
Manufacturer model: SKU_AM_PASEQ5
- This is the latest version with new reticle engraving. Good alignment of the mount with the North Celestial Pole can be achieved in a short time by using the polar finder.
- The sighting is improved, with the precise alignment making long-term astrophotography possible. The viewfinder arrangement has been further improved, with precision alignment now possible allowing long exposure photography to be done.
- Correct alignment of the mount can be achieved within a very short time with this improved polar finder. As the celestial North Pole (to which the telescope mount must be aligned) does not exactly coincide with the position of the Pole Star, using this polar finder is very important.
- This accessory threads into the mount's housing along the Right Ascension axis. The optics feature a printed reticle that makes aligning on Polaris easy and fast.
- Quick polar-alignment gives you more time to enjoy the view at the telescope eyepiece. Ensures accurate tracking and slow-motion control for your telescope mount. There are two models which have the same functions you may receive one of them. The new model is easier to use than the old one with Big Dipper and a target-spot. Please refer to the product description for details.
The polar finder is simply screwed into the back of the mount. Correct alignment of the mount can be achieved within a very short time with this improved polar finder. Good alignment of the mount with the North Celestial Pole can be achieved in a short time by using the polar finder. As the celestial North Pole (to which the telescope mount must be aligned) does not exactly coincide with the position of the Pole Star, using this polar finder is very important.
There are two models here which have the same functions you may receive one of them. The new model is easier to use than the old one with Big Dipper and a target-spot.As we know, Polaris position changes as time passes, the improved product solve this problem when doing polar alignment in Northern hemisphere, it allows you put Polaris on the the correct circle corresponding to the present year for better alignment precision. Here are a few APPs that can give Polaris orientation in the FOV of a polar scope depending on the observer’s position and local time. Generally, the orientations are given in time format. The new reticle has a clock like engraving which is compatible with these applications. For polar alignment, rotate the R.A. axis of the mount to put the 0 o’clock of the reticle at the highest position in the FOV of the polar scope, then place the Polaris at the corrent clock position given by the SynScan hand control or other applications.Polaris position also changes as time passes. The new reticle displays 3 circles to represent Polaris’s orbit in year 2012, 2020 and 2028. It also gives sub-dials at 0, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock position for year 2016, 2024 and 2032. An engraving labeled with the above years is also displayed on the right of the FOV for memo purpose.
Android and apple apps: Polar Scope Align
Mobile application: Polar Align Ver 4.0, Polar Scope Align Pro (for iOS) or Polar Finder (for Android)
Shipping and Handling
We will ship for free to anywhere within the 48 contiguous United States.
Please allow 5-7 business days for the package to arrive, regardless of buyer location within the US.
We will provide an online tracking number to you once the item has been shipped.
It may take a few business days for our automated system to process the tracking number onto eBay. However, this will not affect the shipping times.
All our products are brand new and sealed. All items qualify for returns within 30 days of receipt.
We take our reputation seriously. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will respond back to your message within 24 hours.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories