CLS Light Pollution Filter
Fits Canon EOS Series DSLR
I've upgraded from a Canon 60Da DSLR to a dedicated cooled
astronomy camera for my observatory, so I'm selling the filter.
filter has been a life-saver for the light polluted skies of the Seattle
area (couldn't help with the famous clouds though!). Filter really
worked well for longer exposures and pulling out the small details from
the light dome of the big city which was about 15 miles from my backyard
I've recently moved to darker skies, so I'll have to
see how the new camera works out, but these only fit into a Canon EOS
family of DSLR cameras, so I'll be replacing it with a 2 inch filter if
The filter was used on my camera probably 95% of the time, only removed when trying planetary or lunar images.
Technical Data (from Astronomik web page)
- 92% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H alpha)
- pass from 450 to 540nm and beyond 650nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Excellent condition.
- When not in the camera, it was always stored in the case for protection.
- See attached photos - all taken from my old location in Renton / Kent areas of Seattle, WA area.
Payment and shipping:
- Payment - PayPal
- Ships from 54235 Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Wisconsin buyers - we have to add 5.5% sales tax
- USPS Priority Mail.
- Shipping weight approximately 6 oz packaged
- Listing: We have listed this item to the best of our ability. If you have any questions, please contact us and we can provide additional photos, or answers to your questions.
- Payment: Payment is expected within three days of the ending or mutually agreed on price (or let us know otherwise), PayPal is the preferred method.
- Shipping: Allow up to 3 business days after payment has been received. We are often on the road picking up inventory during the week. Our shipping days are Mondays and Thursdays, although smaller items will often go out sooner (we do have a big mailbox!). In most cases, we ship with the most economical method (FedEx or USPS), if you desire a faster or express shipment, please let us know so we can accommodate your request.
- Feedback: Please leave positive feedback for us when the item arrives, we will do the same for you after you have left feedback for us. We strive to maintain a 100% feedback so if for some reason there is an issue with the item when it arrives, PLEASE contact us ASAP and we'll be happy to work out the issue with you.
Ebay Sellers Since 1999
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories