Astronomik EOS XL Clip Filter Planet IR PRO 742 for Canon --
Compatible with full format Canon Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
Never used - now have 6D MKII and it will NOT work with that camera.
Ideally suited for planetary imaging, this Astronomik ProPlanet 742
IR-Pass Filter is presented in an XL full frame clip format
- Operation using this filter does not require any housing modifications
- Simple no-tool attachment can be accomplished using only a finger while a small hook is included to help with removal
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to give users
the optical performance they need for imaging planets with 5" to 8"
- Only infrared light with wavelengths longer than 742 nm is allowed to pass through to the image
- Atmospheric turbulence will not afflict planetary images since they are formed from IR light
- Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings to protect them from damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter
For capturing stunning images and video of the Moon and
planets, specifically Mars, with telescopes that have apertures of 6"
(150 mm) or higher, the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter is the
optimal choice. Only infrared light with wavelengths over 742 nm is
allowed to pass through. Seeing effects are substantially reduced in
this area of the spectrum versus the visual spectrum of the human eye.
This results in images that are significantly sharper than what could
typically be achieved from your device and location. Another advantage
of the ProPlanet 742 IR is that it still facilitates a dark sky
background even in late dawn. This allows lunar and planetary
photography to continue even at daybreak.
The Astronomik P742 filter offers tremendous enhancement of
lunar and planetary images by simultaneously obstructing visible light
while permitting only emissions from wavelengths longer than 742 nm to
be transmitted through to the image. Compared to the image in visible
light, this image is more steady with exposure times that are nearly
identical. Furthermore, like all filters offered by Astronomik, the
ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories