AutoBt bluetooth module for wireless control of MEADE ETX LX90 LXD telescopes
AutoBt is a wireless adapter for telescope control systems such as Meade ETX, LX-90, LXD55/75. It can be used for rapid targeting telescope with mobile devices.
No external power supply or batteries required to power the Bluetooth module.
This bluetooth module is not supported by iPhone devices, etc. operating under the iOS operating system. For these devices, we recommend to use AutoFi WiFi adapter.
The main purpose of the various Bluetooth adapters for telescopes is to replace the control with the HC, such as SynTrek, SynScan, NexStar, AutoStar, Go2nova and others for more convenient and stylish control from the planetarium programs on mobile devices.
- Before turning on the power of the telescope, connect the Bluetooth adapter AutoBt in connector RS-232 serial port on the hand controller and in AUX port on the mount;
- Turn the telescope. Spend a standard setting procedure recommended by the manufacturer of the telescope, namely enter into the remote location coordinates of observation, the current time and make alignment the telescope at the stars. Then turn on your mobile device Bluetooth mode and connect with AutoBt Bluetooth adapter. During the connection, the device prompts you to enter the password - enter "1234" line and press OK.
Telescope control on the sample program SKY SAFARI
- After downloading the program, go to Settings, «Settings» button;
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on the «Setup» button;
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type - Meade ***» and type mount «Mount Type - Equatorial Goto (German)», if you select the azimuthal mount, respectively, «Alt-Az. GoTo», also select the wireless connection type in Section Communication Settings - «Connect via Bluetooth»;
- Return to the main menu and press the Connect button.
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound, and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles showing where looking telescope,
and on each side there will be buttons move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can now direct the telescope at the object using a large database of celestial objects Sky Safari, why use search - «Search» button and select an item from the list, then click «GoTo». It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen, which you need to click first on it and then on the button «GoTo».
For more details how to use all the features of the program, see its official website Sky Safari.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories