Baader 2" Clicklock Clamp for Takahashi Refractor & Cassegrain w/ M72 Thread
Description Ordering Info USA Shipping International Orders Returns Our eBay Store
1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Baader 2" ClickLock Clamp for Takahashi Refractors and Cassegrains
The Baader 2" Clicklock Eyepiece Holder replaces the crude stock eyepiece clamp and gives Takahashi users the ultimate eyepiece holder for their fine refractor.
The eyepiece holder can also be detached from the M72 portion to expose M68 threads. This permits use of Baader's M68 Extension Tubes to enable robust and convenient spacing of the holder for adjustment of telescope back-focus. Fits all Takashi refractors with M72 thread (FS-102, TSA-102, FSQ-85 EDX, FSQ-106N, FSQ-106 ED series, TOA-130S and F and TOA 150, FS-128, FS-152. Physical Length: 41mm.
Overview of Baader Clicklock Eyepiece Clamps
Available in 1.25” and 2” configurations, precision-made and rock-solid Baader ClickLock clamps secure your eyepieces, cameras, and observing accessories without the need for clamping screws. With a small 20° turn of the locking lever, your 1.25” or 2” component is securely held in place, locked against rotation, and will not be scratched or marred in any way. ClickLock clamps are easy to use, even when wearing gloves!
Baader ClickLock clamps are made of seven precision-machined components which provide a highly effective retention mechanism that securely holds any 1¼" or 2" eyepiece or accessory. The clamp is complex to assemble, so the price may appear high for "nothing more” than a clamping device. But if you think about the comfort, precision, stability, and ease of use, these clamps are well worth the investment.
ClickLock clamps are based on mechanical engineering principles similar to those used to design tool holders in modern CNC milling machines. The clever use of leverage multiplies torque in the holder, so you don’t need to pull hard on the locking lever to fully secure your eyepiece or accessory: it’s held on three sides similar to a quick-action chuck and remains secure and aligned.
The Baader 2" ClickLock Clamp System
Baader has tested the effectiveness and stability of the 1.25” ClickLock mechanism for many years. The 2" Baader ClickLock system is designed to be even more mechanically solid to hold larger eyepieces and accessories. The features and functions of this clamping system include:
- Secure and firm hold on each 2” component with a 20° turn with light pressure of the rotary lever
- Ratchet function to indicate the position of the clamp acoustically and haptically so you can tell in the dark, without looking, if the clamp is open or closed.
- Massive tension ring to keep even the most expensive accessories absolutely safe, without causing scratches or marring
- The position of the rotary lever is adjustable for left-hand / right-hand use either by six slotted screws or by six Allen screws (depending on the model)
- The heaviest load tested to date is a complete C14 optical tube with an SCL-clamp and a 2" ClickLock star diagonal with a Scopos 30mm extreme eyepiece. The entire C14 optical tube was lifted at the eyepiece (this was a test set-up and it is not recommended you try this yourself).
- The extensive range of ClickLock clamps makes it possible to retrofit many telescope models with the Baader 2" ClickLock clamp
With the 2" ClickLock clamp, you can also convert, for example, your 2" Maxbright mirror diagonal (or the 2" universal prism) to the ClickLock system simply by unscrewing the old 2" clamp and screwing on the new 2" ClickLock clamp.
Baader part # CLTAK-2 or 2956272
Note: Occasionally, the product you receive might have a slightly different cosmetic appearance or labeling than what is shown. This can often change from batch to batch according to the whims of the manufacturer. However, you will always receive a brand new, original product as described above.
Back to Top
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories