Hyperion 8-24mm Mark IV Zoom
1.25" or 2" Universal-Zoom with Clickstop Action
BRAND NEW - ALL ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - FREE SHIPPING
This listing is for one NEW Baader Planetarium Hyperion 8-24mm Mark-IV Zoom Eyepiece. It comes complete with all the Baader accessories that make this such a versatile eyepiece. This is the latest, Fourth Generation of the Baader Zoom with the smoothed-out Clickstop Action at five focal lengths - 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm. But please note that ALL intermediate focal lengths are equally easy to use, which makes this eyepiece ideal for planetary observing because you can set the focal length to the exact magnification that a particular night's atmospheric turbulence allows. Features include:
- Long eye relief, perfectly matched to the human eye. Flatfield design – sharp right to the edge of field
- High Quality Phantom Coating™ Group Multicoatings! For faintest objects, maximum contrast and total freedom from reflections
- Large adjustable rubber eyecup, smaller straight rubber eyecup and winged, foldable eyecup included, to fit over M43 photo/video-thread
- M43-Video-Photo thread for afocal and classical projection photography, permits optional adaptation of practically any camera with optional accessories
- Includes 2" and 1¼" barrel, usable for all 1¼" binoculars with detachable eye-rest and spotting scope with 1 3/8" thread (Celestron / Sky-Watcher and others)
- NEW: Lower weight (290g/10,2oz), slim design of 55mm diameter (perfect for binoviewing)
- NEW: Zero-Tilt safety kerfs instead of the hated undercuts in the barrels
- NEW: Includes 2" SC-thread for shortest possible adaptation to telescopes or prisms/mirrors
- NEW: 4mm backfocus-gain with spotting scope A-Ring (included): the Mark IV focuses with all tested spotting scopes (optional adapters available for most major brands)
- NEW: Eyepiece holster with belt strap – hold also firmly on tripod legs
The fourth generation of this eyepiece is 80 grams lighter than the Mark-III version, and is now only 55 mm in diameter to become useful in binoviewers as low as a 55 mm interpupillary distance. The adjustable eyecup can be removed to expose the M43 video/photo thread and create the maximum "nose space" for using it on binocular viewers with the supplied winged rubber eyecups - for maximum concentration on the target. The zooming-mechanism as well as the inner zooming rails for all lens groups have been modified to improve cold temperature operation and the parfocalty for each focal length has been fine tuned.
The new Mark IV offers almost 4 mm more backfocus making it more suitable for use with a multitude of spotting scopes. Two different Adapters for telescope and spotting scope use are included (Spotting-Scope Adapter "A" and Telescope-Adapter "B").
The Mark IV comes with both the 2" and 1.25" nosepieces, each nosepiece having it's own dust cap and both nosepieces are threaded to accept either 1.25" or 2" eyepiece filters. An additional little feature is the Baader-yellow soft pouch with integrated belt strap – which fastens onto many tripod legs just as well, to serve as a bin for all dust caps that may go astray otherwise. As usual with Baader eyepieces, the Mark IV offers an M43 photo/video thread on top of the eyepiece, to allow attachment of any desired DSLR or T-2 accessory for mounting a video-camera with the optional M43/T-2 adapter ring #2958080.
Optical quality is superb, offering: 68° field of view at highest magnification, Phantom Group multicoatings, a large adjustable eyecup or two styles of rubber eyecups. The Mark IV accepts the optional 2.25x Hyperion-Barlow (#2454827), transforming into a high power zoom featuring the focal length range of 3.6mm to 10.7 mm.
Read My Feedback Comments and BUY WITH CONFIDENCE … TRUSTED U. S. SELLER
Photos in ad are the actual item for sale in this listing.
I have over 1650 fully satisfied customers of mostly higher-dollar photography and electronic items. My descriptions can be trusted as my Feedback comments show. And I ship promptly - many purchases ship SAME DAY. Please ask if you have any questions.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories