Leftover inventory from closed retail location. Excellent condition. Close-out price.
Baader Planetarium has introduced the world's finest UV/IR cut filter. This filter is a must for all digital imaging with digital cameras CCD cameras and modified webcams. It's also useful for protecting valuable H-Alpha filters from heat stress and damaging IR (Daystar etc). Due to their extremely high optical quality these filters may be stacked and used far in front of the focal plane (necessary for imaging uses). Like the Baader Planetarium Contrast-Booster the UV-IR-Cut filter uses the very latest coating technology to deliver the finest filtration quality and lifetime durability. Features: Unmatched 98% Average Transmission! Freedom from ghost images (very low reflection multi-coating Striae-free and plane-parallel substrate). Extremely Sharp Cutoff at 690nm (leaves all the visible red including the important 656nm H-alpha emission line). Sharp cutoff below 400nm. Eliminates violet halos around bright stars (more effectively than simpler so-called Minus Violet photographic filters). True optical quality glass substrate and coatings. Why spend all your money on quality primary optic only to place a lower grade filter optic in the path? Combine with any of the other Baader filters to deliver the sharpest images possible."Got the uv-ir-cut filter. Mounted it internally inside a 400mm lens that I glued to a cheap 3.2 MP camera WORKS GREAT!! Better than the hot mirror supplied with camera more red channel more light - higher shutter speed. At least one extra stop." Luke Gale
Baader UV-IR Cut L Filter - 2" Mounted
The Baader UV-IR Cut/L Filter is a must for all digital imaging with DSLR cameras, CCD cameras, and modified webcams. It removes the unwanted UV and IR wavelengths from your images by blocking UV below 400 nm and IR above 680 nm. The Baader UV-IR Cut filter is also useful for protecting valuable H-Alpha filters from heat stress and damaging IR (Daystar, etc). This UV-IR Cut filter is mounted in a 2" threaded low profile cell.
Due to their extremely high optical quality, these filters may be stacked and used far in front of the focal plane (necessary for imaging uses). Like the Baader Planetarium Contrast-Booster, the UV / IR Cut filter uses the very latest coating technology to deliver the finest filtration quality, and lifetime durability.
Baader UV / IR Cut Filter Features:
- Unmatched 98% average transmission
- Freedom from ghost images; very low reflection multi-coating, striae-free, and plane-parallel substrate
- Extremely sharp cutoff at 690 nm but leaves all the visible red, including the important 656 nm H-alpha emission line
- Sharp cutoff below 400 nm
- Eliminates violet halos around bright stars, more effectively than simpler Minus Violet photographic filters
- True optical quality glass substrate and coatings; don't spend all your money on quality telescope optics, only to place a lower grade filter in the light path
- Combine with any of the Baader filters to deliver the sharpest images possible
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories