Enjoy big discounts on
OPEN BOX New & Like New Items
All Open Box
items are in excellent condition. Each item is tested by our processing team
and must meet stringent guidelines prior to listing. In
most cases items are new. 100% Genuine Premium Quality!
New. Never Used. Box opened for inspection only. See pictures for exact item being received.
Celestron - NexStar 8SE Telescope - Computerized Telescope for Beginners and Advanced Users - Fully-Automated GoTo Mount - SkyAlign Technology - 40,000+ Celestial Objects - 8-Inch Primary Mirror
The best telescope is the one used often to enjoy the beauty and intrigue of the night sky. For those searching for telescopes for astronomy beginners that are infused with the latest computer technology, Celestron’s NexStar 8SE Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope fits the bill perfectly. The NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope features Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design and updated technology with the latest features for amazing stargazing for beginners and experienced observers. Celestron’s signature telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system, the NexStar 8SE. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering striking views at an economical price.
The eight-inch primary mirror in this computerized telescope packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that our Solar System has to offer, from Saturn’s rings to the cloud bands on Jupiter and geographic features on the surface of the Moon. When it comes to deep sky objects, take your 8SE to a dark-sky site and you’ll see hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more. Featuring a database of more than 40,000 celestial objects, the 8SE’s GoTo mount automatically locates and tracks objects for you. You can also take a Sky Tour and let your telescope show you the best objects currently visible. The single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all assemble and break down from separate components for easy transportation. SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any 3 bright objects.
The NexStar 8SE is a telescope that will grow with you as you advance in the hobby of astronomy. It’s compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Provide GPS coordinates to your telescope with SkySync, or add automatic alignment functionality with StarSense AutoAlign.
- NEXSTAR COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE: The NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope features Celestron’s iconic orange tube design with updated technology and the latest features for amazing stargazing for beginners and experienced observers.
8-INCH APERTURE: The eight-inch primary mirror in this Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope for adults and kids to be used together packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that our Solar System has to offer, while retaining a compact form factor.
FULLY-AUTOMATED GOTO MOUNT: Featuring a database of more than 40,000 celestial objects, the GoTo mount built into our telescopes for astronomy beginners automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND BREAK DOWN: The single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all assemble and break down from separate components for easy transportation. SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready in minutes.
BONUS FREE STARRY NIGHT SOFTWARE: The NexStar 8SE Telescope includes a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs for an interactive sky simulation.
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture (mm): 203.2 mm (8 in)
- Focal Length: 2032 mm (80 in)
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 81 x
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Tripod: Steel (sku 93593)
- Power Requirements: 8-AA batteries (not included)
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 843 x
- Apparent Field of View: 0.63 ?
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 33 ft (10 m)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.5 inches (64 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 0.31
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 0.0977
- Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 17 in (432 mm)
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Tripod Weight: 9 lbs (4.08 kg)
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Autoguider port, Aux port
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)