Celestron 93633-a T-Adapter for Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
This sturdy metal T-Adapter is the accessory of choice if you’d like to attach an SLR or DSLR camera to the rear cell threads of a Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope for prime focus photography. To get started, you’ll need the appropriate T-Ring for your camera body (#93402 for Nikon & #93419 for Canon EOS). Remove the lens from your camera and attach the T-ring in its place. Since the T-ring is camera-brand specific, it will snap right on just like a lens. Next, remove the diagonal and visual back from the rear cell of your telescope. Screw the Celestron T-Adapter onto the rear cell threads until secure. Now, thread the T-ring & camera onto the T-Adapter. That’s all there is to it. The camera is now using your telescope as a giant telephoto lens. The magnification will depend on the telescope’s focal length. For instance, a 300 mm camera lens is considered to be pretty powerful, right? Well, if you are using an 8” SCT at prime focus, you’ve got yourself a 2000 mm lens with a lot of light-gathering capability! Prime focus photography is popular for short exposure images of terrestrial objects as well as celestial objects like the Moon. If you want to do longer exposures of deep sky objects with this method, we suggest using a separate guidescope or off-axis guider and an equatorial mount.
- The Celestron T-Adapter attaches an SLR or DSLR camera to a Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope for prime focus photography
- Threads on to the rear cell of Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes
- T-threads accept camera brand specific T-Ring (sold separately)
- We Do Not Ship to PO/APO Boxes, HI or Alaska
- We Do Not Ship Outside of the Continental US
- All items ship within 24-72 hours of Payment
- For large items that require Freight shipping a valid phone number is required to call and schedule your delivery
Terms of Sale and Feedback:
- Feedback is extremely important to us and eBay
- If you are satisfied with our transaction, please take a moment to leave Positive Feedback. YOUR Satisfaction is our #1 Priority!
- If there are any issues, PLEASE contact us BEFORE leaving a neutral or negative rating so that we may resolve any concerns.
- We PROMISE we can make you happy if you give us a fair chance.
Returns / Concerns:
- All items qualify for returns within 14 - 30 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for return shipping on any item that is not damaged
- Please be sure this is an item you want before making your purchase. Customer Satisfaction is our TOP priority!
- All items are IN STOCK at time of listing.
- Inventory on eBay changes constantly and it is impossible to maintain a perfectly accurate count of all items.
- Please do not penalize us if we have to issue you a refund!
Thank You For Your Business!
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories