Celestron 93973 Skyportal Wifi Module, Black
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 1.3 x 2.5 inches
- Item Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Item model number: 93973
- Make sure this fits. by entering your model number.
- Align and control your telescope wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet and Celestrons free SkyPortal app for iOS and Android devices.
- Tap any celestial object you see in the sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centering it perfectly in the eyepiece.
- Explore 100,000+ objects in SkyPortals database. While you observe, view astroimages and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects including the planets, Orion Nebula, Hercules Globular Star Cluster, and more.
- Sky Tour feature generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulae to view based on your exact time and location.
- WiFi module is compatible with all current Celestron computerized telescopes and select older models. Unit does not require batteries or external power.
Get WiFi Access to the Universe with the SkyPortal WiFi ModuleCelestron's
SkyPortal WiFi Module turns your smartphone or tablet into your own personal
planetarium and observatory!Simply plug the WiFi module into your telescope’s
Hand Control or AUX port and connect to its wireless signal with your device.
Instantly, your device becomes a wireless hand controller for your telescope,
guiding you through the alignment process and slewing to any celestial object
with a simple tap.As SkyPortal Wifi Module slews your telescope to an object,
you can listen to hundreds of included audio descriptions on your device,
which explain the history, mythology, and key features of the most popular
celestial objects. Select Tonight’s Best in the search menu and SkyPortal Wifi
will display a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time and
location. There’s no need to input GPS coordinates or set the time and
date—SkyPortal WiFi takes this information directly from your device.
SkyPortal WiFi makes a great gift for telescope users of all ages and skill
levels, from kids to advanced users. Take your family on a guided tour of the
universe with SkyPortal WiFi!SkyPortal WiFi Module, Powered by Celestron
SkyPortalCelestron’s SkyPortal WiFi Module works with our brand new
planetarium app, SkyPortal. Available free on the Apple App Store and Google
Play, SkyPortal is your key to the universe—with or without SkyPortal WiFi
Module.Developed in collaboration with the experts at SkySafari, SkyPortal
offers an intuitive user interface with a robust database of more than 100,000
celestial objects. You can even plan your observing session before you set up
your telescope, viewing lunar transits and other notable events up to 100
years into the future.Compatibility InformationSkyPortal WiFi is compatible
with the following Celestron mounts: SkyPortal WiFi Module Compatibility
List Compatible : Advanced VX -CGX-LAstro Fi -CPC, CPC DXCG-5 (with CG-5 Aux.
splitter) -NexStar EvolutionCGE -NexStar GT (2015 models and newer with Aux.
splitter)CGE Pro -NexStar SE SeriesCGEM II -NexStar SLTCGEM, CGEM DX
-SkyProdigyCGX -LCM Non Compatible : NexStar i Series - NexStar GPSUltima 2000
- Early generation GoTo mounts (such as Compustar)
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories