- Align and control your telescope wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet and Celestron’s free SkyPortal app for iOS and Android devices.
- Tap any celestial object you see in the sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centering it perfectly in the eyepiece.
- Explore 100,000+ objects in Sky Portal's database. While you observe, view astro images and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects including the planets, Orion Nebula, Hercules Open Star Cluster, and more.
- Sky Tour feature generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulae to view based on your exact time and location.
- Wi-Fi module is compatible with all current Celeron computerized telescopes and select older models. Unit does not require batteries or external power.
Get Wi-Fi Access to the Universe with Sky Link 2Celestron's updated Sky Link 2 Wi-Fi Module turns your smartphone or tablet into your own personal planetarium and observatory! Simply plug the Wi-Fi module into your telescope’s Hand Control or AUX port and connect to its wireless signal with your device. Instantly, your device becomes a wireless hand controller for your telescope, guiding you through the alignment process and slewing to any celestial object with a simple tap. As Sky Link 2 slews your telescope to an object, you can listen to hundreds of included audio descriptions on your device, which explain the history, mythology, and key features of the most popular celestial objects. Activate the Sky Tour feature and Sky will display a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time and location. There’s no need to input GPS coordinates or set the time and date-Sky Link 2 takes this information directly from your device.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories