Celestron CPC 1100 Computerized Telescope
The largest aperture of the CPC line, The CPC 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope has the most light gathering ability and has a limiting magnitude of nearly 15. The CPC 1100 takes full advantage of its vast database of thousands of NGC and Abell galaxies as well as delivering a new level of detail to all your favorite deep sky objects. This CPC 1100 features Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings. With sophisticated software features like Hibernate function, the CPC can maintain its star alignment night after night without needing to be re-aligned, making it an ideal instrument for a permanent observatory facility.
The CPC is the most portable of Celestron's top-of-the-line fork-mounted astronomical telescopes. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool. Turn this scope to planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach. Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an instrument weight of 65 lb, this telescope is portable enough to setup in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location.
Celestron's CPC Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment Technology redefines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for - quick and simple alignment, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization and, most important, affordability. So if you are looking for a great overall workhorse of a telescope the Celestron CPC is for you!
Aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars - you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). Identify feature tells you what you're looking at, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types - it is a lot of fun. There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the sun or moon for daytime observing - it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
Celestron CPC 1100 Features:
- Available with Starbright XLT High Performance Optical System - Celestron's finest optical coatings provide sharp, bright clear views.
- SkyAlign Alignment Technology - Fast, easy alignment. Simply choose three bright stars. The telescope does the rest.
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope. 40,000+ object database.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch; Auxiliary ports for AutoGuider, PC; easily mounts to tripod.
- Mount is NexRemote compatible, Includes Permanent PEC
- Newly - designed heavy-duty tripod.
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Design
- Focal Length - 2800 mm, F/10
- 50 mm Finderscope w/quick release bracket
- Dual Fork Arm Mount
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- 40 mm Plossl (51x) Eyepiece
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Accessory tray Leg Brace/ Eyepiece holder
- Heavy Duty Steel Adjustable Tripod
- Car battery power adapter
- NexStar Computer Control System
- Hand control port
- Aux Port, Autoguide Ports
- Highest Useful Magnification - 661x
- Lowest Useful Magnification - 40x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude - 14.7
- Resolution - Rayleigh 0.50 arcsec
- Dawes Limit - 0.41 arcsec
- Photographic Resolution - 200 line/mm
- Light Gathering Power - 1600x unaided eye
- Field of View - standard eyepiece 0.6°
- Linear FOV (@1000 yds) - 32ft
- Starbright XLT Coatings
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction - 3.75"
- by Area - 11.6%
- by Diameter - 34%
- DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Resolution 0.1406 arcsec
- Nine slew speeds - 3°/sec, 2°/sec, 0.5°/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x
- Software Precision 24bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
- Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar tracking rates
- 40,000 Object Database
- Altazimuth, Equatorial North and South tracking modes
- SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Align, One-Star Align, EQ Align, Solar System Align
- Periodic Error Correction Permanently Programmable
- Dual fork arm, cast aluminum w/ detachable HC cradle
- 5.625" hard anodized gear in both axes, 180 tooth, brass worm
- 9.8" azimuth bearing
- Telescope Weight - 65 lb
- Tripod Weight - 19 lb
- Power Requirements - 12VDC at 1.5A
- Idle Current - 340 mA
- Slew Current Both Axes - 900 mA
- Power Supply - Car battery adapter
- Cord Management - Software Managed
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)