Celestron Erect Image Prism for Refractor and Schmidt Cassegrain
- A great accessory for daytime terrestrial viewing with your telescope
- This 1.25" diagonal produces right side up and left-to-right correct images when used with refractors and catadioptric (Schmidt-Cassegrain) telescopes
- Inserts into 1.25" focusers or visual backs. Accepts standard 1.25" eyepieces
Did you know that most telescopes work well for daytime viewing as well as for astronomy? If you have a refractor or a catadioptric telescope (the Schmidt-Cassegrain is the most popular example), and you would like to use it for terrestrial observations, the most useful additional accessory you can buy is an erect-image diagonal.
If you look through your telescope with the standard mirror or star diagonal installed, you will notice that objects may be either upside down, flipped so that you see a mirror image, or a combination of the two. This is fine for observations of celestial objects, but it can be a little confusing when you are trying to track a boat as it moves through the water, or an eagle as he flies towards his perch.
Luckily, this is an easy problem to correct. Simply remove the standard diagonal from the telescope’s focuser or visual back, and install the Celestron 45º Erect Image Diagonal. Now, when you insert an eyepiece, objects will be right side up and left-to-right correct. The 45º angle of this Amici prism diagonal is very comfortable for daytime observations, where the telescope is often in a horizontal position.
Please Note: Adding an erect-image diagonal to a Newtonian reflector will not result in images that are right side up and left-to-right correct. The optical design of a Newtonian will always produce images that are rotationally off in orientation. This does not mean that you can’t use a Newtonian reflector during the day, it just means that you have to get used to objects oriented in unrealistic positions.
- We offer FREE shipping on all orders!
- We ship within Three business days of payment, usually sooner.
- We use a selection of shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS etc.
- We only ship to the lower 48 states, no APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes allowed.
- Local pickups and combined shipping options are not provided at this time.
- You can return a product for up to 30 days from the date you purchased it.
- Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
We accept payment by any of the following methods:
Please pay as soon as possible after winning an auction, as that will allow us to post your item to you sooner!
Customer satisfaction is very important to us.
If you have any problem with your order, please contact us and we will do our best to make you satisfied.
If you have any queries, please contact us via ebay. We usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
Please visit our eBay store to check out other items for sale!
Thank you for shopping at our store.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories