This telescope bundle includes everything listed in the description from High Point Scientific below, plus these extras:
- Celestron Telescope Case for 8/9.25/11 NexStar, EdgeHD or Evolution OTA
- Celestron EclipSmart Solar Filter for 8" SCT & EdgeHD Telescopes x2
- T-Adapter-SC 93633-A
- Barlow T-Adapter-1 93640
- Celestron NexStar RS-232 Navigational Accessory Cable - 93920
- Celestron USB to RS-232 Connector Cable 18775
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 Telescope Bundle
- This special Celestron 8" Evolution telescope bundle includes useful telescope accessories that have been hand-picked by High Point Scientific to provide you with a quality astronomy experience!
- The Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 offers 8" of aperture to show you the universe in stunning detail, and you can use your tablet or smartphone to control it with Celestron's iOS or Android app!
- This bundle includes the Apertura 1.25" Eyepiece & Filter Kit With Aluminum Case and the Celestron Flexible Dew Shield. With these accessories, you'll have an amazing choice of magnifications and planetary filters, and should dew strike, you'll be ready with a flexible dew shield that installs in seconds.
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8” Telescope Highlights
- Celestron NexStar 8" Evolution Review
- Control your NexStar Evolution telescope wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet! Use the free Celestron SkyPortal mobile app with planetarium interface and SkyAlign technology
- This model of the NexStar Evolution includes a portable 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube with StarBright XLT optical coatings and Fastar compatibility
- The computerized Evolution GoTo mount includes high-performance worm gears and motors for improved tracking accuracy, along with reduced gear backlash
- Included rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing
- The Celestron NexStar Evolution has an improved industrial design, with manual clutches and integrated carry handles, plus the added convenience of two accessory trays and a USB charge port for your smart device
More About the Celestron NexStar Evolution 8” Telescope
Celestron’s signature telescopes reach a new level with the NexStar Evolution! It is the first Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with integrated WiFi so you can leave your hand control behind and slew to all the best celestial objects with a tap of your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to NexStar Evolution’s built-in wireless network, and explore the universe with the Celestron mobile app for iOS and Android.
Use the planetarium interface to view the night sky in real time or display a list of celestial objects currently visible based on your time and location. The proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure is built right into the Celestron mobile app, so you’re ready to observe within minutes.
NexStar Evolution - the Most User Friendly Telescope Ever!
Celestron engineers designed the NexStar Evolution based on years of customer feedback. It offers many thoughtful design features that combine to provide you the best possible experience out under the stars. Forget about batteries or an external power supply. For the first time ever on a consumer telescope, NexStar Evolution includes its own built-in lithium-ion battery so that you will be able to enjoy stargazing marathons of up to 10 hours on a single charge! You can even use NexStar Evolution’s USB charge port to top off the other devices in your life that need to stay powered on during an observing session.
Setting up your NexStar Evolution is quick and painless with large, ergonomic handles. The steel tripod features leg etchings to help you achieve a level, uniform height for your telescope. Manual clutches in both altitude and azimuth offer greater flexibility to manually point the telescope when powered off. Store up to 7 eyepieces in 2 accessory trays, one with an adjustable red LED illuminator.
Enjoy Superior Tracking While Astro-Imaging!
If you’re interested in astro-imaging, the Celestron 8” NexStar Evolution is an excellent, affordable way to get started. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers worm gears, along with improved motors. NexStar Evolution’s tracking accuracy is so impressive, you can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching your DSLR camera. As you progress in the hobby of astronomical imaging, you can add the Celestron Pro HD Wedge to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos.
Of course, the 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astroimagers alike.
The 8” NexStar Evolution includes a StarPointer finderscope, two 1.25” Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25” star diagonal,and an AC adapter. A hand controller is available optionally.
Celestron 8” NexStar Evolution Specifications
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 203.2 mm
- Focal Length: 2032 mm
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece: 40 mm
- Magnification of Eyepiece: 51x
- Finderscope: StarPointer (Includes 3V CR2032 lithium button battery)
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Tripod: Stainless Steel
- Power Requirements: Internal Battery Included
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 843x
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.5 in (64 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.77%
- Optical Tube Length: 17 in
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 40.6 lb
- Max Slew Speed: 4 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 1 hand control and 3 aux ports for optional accessories
- App Database: Over 120,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- USB Charge Port: Yes
About the Celestron Flexible Dew Shield
A Dew Shield, aka Dew Cap or Lens Shade, is a closed length of metal or plastic that is designed to fit on the front end of your telescope. Once installed, it will reduce the amount of dew that builds up on the corrector plate. The Celestron Flexible Dew Shield can also serve as a Lens Shade by preventing stray light from falling on the corrector plate, which greatly improves contrast. The Celestron Dew Shield is made of a heavy duty material that, unlike aluminum, can lie flat when not in use. It incorporates a clever dual Velcro strip, so that users can adjust the shade to a size that fits either a Celestron 6” or 8” telescope.
About the Apertura 1.25" Filter and Eyepiece Kit
This eyepiece kit from Apertura is a steal of a deal! You can get a 12-piece, 1.25" accessory kit, safely stored in an easy-to-carry aluminum case! The kit includes five Plossl eyepieces, a Barlow lens, and six colored filters for planetary viewing!
Five Apertura 1.25" Colored Filters: Enhance your enjoyment of our Solar System with a #12 yellow, #56 yellow/green, #21 orange, #25 red, #80A medium blue, or #58a dark green planetary filter. These 1.25" filters thread onto the bottom of most any 1.25" eyepiece barrel. Depending on the color of the filter and the planet being observed, you can bring out details that are not as easily seen without a filter. Observe the ice caps or maria on Mars, the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, and more by adding a filter.
Five Apertura 1.25" Plossl Eyepieces: In this eyepiece kit, you will receive a 4 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, 15 mm, and 32 mm Plossl eyepiece. Each Plossl lens element has blackened edges to reduce internal reflections. Apertura's Plossl eyepieces are designed with four optical elements, fully multi-coated, that are excellent at providing high contrast views. A rubber eyecup tops each eyepiece to make viewing more comfortable, block out stray light, and keep your eye from touching the cold metal during observations. Plossl eyepieces have a field of view of around 50º and work best for observations without eyeglasses. The 1.25" chrome barrel is threaded to accepts 1.25" filters and fit easily into the included Apertura 2X Barlow to double their magnification. This means you can get 10 different magnifications out of 5 eyepieces when you add the Barlow to the mix!
Apertura 2X Barlow Lens: The 1.25" 2x Barlow in the Apertura Ultimate Plossl Eyepiece Kit works in conjunction with any 1.25" eyepiece (including the five Plossl's included in this set) to double their magnification. Just slide the barrel of any 1.25" eyepiece into the opening of the Barlow, and enjoy twice the power of the eyepiece alone. High-grade glass optics with fully multicoated lenses are used so there is no degradation of the image.
Aluminum Carrying Case: This sturdy and well-built case fits all of the above items in the die-cut foam interior and has room for additional accessories. Take your Apertura Ultimate Plossl Eyepiece Kit with you for a huge choice of magnifications and filters wherever you go.
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)