Template 7 EBAY Features
- Install this motor drive on your AstroMaster or PowerSeeker equatorially mounted telescope and start tracking the stars!
- Right Ascension tracking compensates for the Earth's rotation
- Can be used in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere
- For Celestron CG-2 and CG-3 equatorial mounts
Celestron R/A Single Axis Motor Drive for the AstroMaster Telescope
Description Add right ascension (RA) tracking capabilities to any Celestron AstroMaster or PowerSeeker equatorial telescope, or any set-up that uses a Celestron CG-2 or CG-3 equatorial mount. This easy-to-install RA motor drive compensates for the Earth’s rotation, so the telescope tracks a star’s movement through the night sky from east to west. When the telescope mount is properly polar aligned and the RA drive is attached and running, the user need only make occasional adjustments in declination (Dec) to keep an object in the eyepiece for long periods of time. The Celestron single-axis motor drive runs on a 9V battery, so there are no cords to get in the way. The drive can be used in either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere. To change hemispheres (reverse the motor’s direction), simply flip the North/South (N/S) switch on the face of the motor drive. It is also simple to change the speed of the motor. A “Speed Rate Regulator” knob is located just under the power indicator, and can be turned in either direction to slow down or speed up the motor. Since solar system objects like the Sun and, Moon move through the sky at different rates than deep-sky objects do, this gives you the ability to match the motor’s speed to the particular type of object you are observing.
- About Us Since our founding, we have taken special pride and pleasure in being able to participate in the exciting world of eCommerce and providing products of the highest quality. It is with this philosophy that we want to run our store and provide exceptional value to you as our customer.
- Payment We accept payment by PayPal.
Tracking Your Order:
- Once your order ships a tracking number will be sent to you via the email address used to place your order.
Problem with My Order:
- For concerns regarding your order, please contact us here.
- All of our shipments are free for you our customer unless you decide to upgrade your shipping for a small fee.
- At this time we only ship to the continental 48 states of the United States. We do not ship to PO/APO boxes.
- Returns Returns can only be requested within 30 days of the product shipment date. We offer free return shipping for all of our items. Returned items must be in their original packaging with everything included. Please contact us here (link) for help or assistance in processing a return.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories