Celestron StarSense Auto Align Telescope Accessory 94005 Star Sense Alignment OPEN BOX DEMO
Click an Image to Enlarge
We cannot accommodate local pick up, we must ship everything we sell
Enables automatic alignment of your Celestron computerized telescope*
No need to identify or locate any star in the sky–StarSense automatically aligns your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes
Aligns in 3 minutes or less
Provides advanced mount modeling—align on numerous stars throughout the sky for extremely precise GoTo pointing accuracy
StarSense hand controller included
Become an instant astronomer, even if you’ve never used a telescope before, with the one-of-a-kind StarSense AutoAlign. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand control, and StarSense begins capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database. In about three minutes, it's gathered enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more currently visible in the night sky.
HOW IT WORKS
The self-alignment technology behind our award-winning SkyProdigy series is now available for all of Celestron's current computerized telescopes and backwards compatible with many older models as well. (See compatibility list below.)
A small digital camera takes the place of your finderscope and attaches using one of two provided mounting brackets. The included StarSense hand control, with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, takes the place of your NexStar hand control. The camera automatically captures a series of images of the sky. StarSense identifies the stars in the images, matching them to its database. Once a positive match is confirmed, StarSense calculates the coordinates of the center of the captured image, thereby determining exactly where the telescope is pointed.
Before StarSense, using a computerized telescope required a lengthy alignment process of finding and centering at least two bright stars in the telescope’s eyepiece. But StarSense automatically aligns itself with minimal user input. Just enter your time, date, and location and let StarSense do the rest!
ADVANCED MOUNT MODELING
Even the most advanced telescope users will love using StarSense AutoAlign. This affordable accessory replaces the expensive software usually used for advanced mount modeling.
With built-in mount modeling, you'll get superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon. When your alignment needs to be perfect, add up to 10 additional calibration stars to achieve a new level of accuracy, great for locating objects in the camera’s field of view for astroimaging.
NexStar SE Series
NexStar i Series
CPC, CPC DX
NexStar GT (with Aux. Splitter)
Early generation GoTo mounts (such as Compustar)
CG-5 (with Aux. Splitter)
CGEM, CGEM DX
LCM (with Aux. splitter)
What's in the Box?
2 Year Limited Warranty
Shipping and Payment Info
- Our primary shipping service is UPS to the United States and Canada post within Canada.
- Remote Canadian addresses or PO Boxes will be shipped with Canada Post and may be subject to additional charges.
- Additional charges applicable to Non-Continental USA (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, APO and FPO etc)
- Should an unexpected delay in processing your shipment occur, we will notify you by e-mail of the new projected shipping date and provide you with an opportunity to keep your order or cancel it for a prompt and complete refund.
- Shipping Charges are Non-Refundable
- All orders must be shipped to the address attached to the PayPal payment. You will be notified by email if there is an issue with your address.
- Taxes are applicable when shipping to Canada:
- Ontario, PEI, Newfoundland and New Brunswick - 13% HST
- Nova Scotia - 15% HST
- The rest of Canada - 5% GST
- No Duties, Custom fees or Taxes applicable when shipping to the USA
- International Buyers - Please Note:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
- Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering shipping company or when you pick the item up - do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.
- Payment is to be arranged within 4 days of the end of the auction. Failure to remit payment will result in a Non Paying Bidder alert being issued. Please get in contact with us right away so that you can start enjoying your purchase sooner.
Ask a question
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
8:30AM - 4:30PM
All times stated in Eastern Standard Time (EST GMT -05:00)
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories