Celestron Super Polaris SP-C8 200mm Mirror Diameter, Focal Length 2032mm F11 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope with Vixen Mount
Excellent Condition: Normal wear for this vintage scope (please see photo's). Does not include anything not seen in the photos.
Note: It is up to the buyer to research and understand how to operate this instrument, one item to note for anyone unfamiliar with this type of mount control from Vixen is that in one of the RA directions (controlled by the RA button) the scope drive disengages in order to achieve movement of the viewed object and does not reflect the same function as the other RA Button direction (which actually must engage the motor at a higher rate of speed in order to achieve movement, this should not be mistaken as a drive issue). Batteries not included. The Main Scope Objective cap was replaced with a modern style one that stays in place (the original types did not stay in place).
Portions of this system were made in Japan (Star Diagonal, Vixen Super Polaris Mount) and the rest in the USA between 1980 & 1990), which is considered by most to be superior to production units that came out of other countries after that period.
- C8 200mm Schmidt–Cassegrain Telescope
- Celestron 6x30 LER Finder
- Special Coatings (Magnesium Fluoride)
- Lens Cap (upgraded)
- Celestron 1 1/4 Visual Back
- Celestron 1 1/4" Star Diagonal
- Vixen Super Polaris Mount
- Vixen Polar Alignment Scope (in Mount head/missing lens caps)
- Triangle Steel Accessory Tray
- Upgraded Graduated (inches) Counter Weight Bar
- 1 12lb Counter Weight
- DMD-I Dual Motor Tracking System
- DC Power Pack
- AC Power Adapter
- SP-C8 Instruction Manual
Batteries not included:
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)