Celestron TrailSeeker 100 22-67x100 Spotting Scope Kit (Angled Viewing)
A Guide to Birding with Spotting Scopes
B&H assembled this angled-viewing Celestron TrailSeeker 100 22-67x100 Spotting Scope Kit to give you all that you need to get out and start observing right out of the box. You get the TrailSeeker spotting scope and tripod, plus an eyepiece and an array of accessories.
- Celestron TrailSeeker 100 22-67x100 Spotting Scope (Angled Viewing)
The 45 angled-viewing TrailSeeker 100 22-67x100 Spotting Scope by Celestron features a versatile 22-67x zoom eyepiece to provide views from generous vistas at the lower power to tight, detailed images at the higher end. The 100mm objective lens possesses light-gathering capability superior to that of scopes with smaller lenses, which makes for a bright image and enhances the scope's capabilities in low-light conditions. Proprietary anti-reflection XLT fully multi-coated optics allow for efficient light transmission through the optical path for crisp, high-contrast views.
The angled eyepiece permits comfortable glassing whether standing, sitting or lying flat on the ground. Dual focus offers precise image control by allowing a preliminary coarse focus, which you can then refine using the fine-focus control for a tack-sharp view. You can rotate the scope a full 360 for easy viewing through the eyepiece from any position. The TrailSeeker 100 has a nitrogen-filled waterproof housing that won't fog up in humid conditions and features a sliding sunshade to keep glare or raindrops off the objective lens. To facilitate digiscoping, a T-adapter is included so you can mount a T-ring compatible with your DSLR to the eyepiece. For adverse weather conditions, a stay-on carrying case is included that can be left on the scope during usezippers fore and aft open for the objective lens and the eyepiece.
The TrailSeeker is designed to use standard 1.25' astronomical eyepieces, so in addition to the included zoom eyepiece, you can use other eyepieces on your spotting scope to achieve higher magnifications, wider fields of view, etc. A tripod balance plate is also included.
- Zoom magnification: 22-67x
- Objective lens: 100mm for light-gathering power
- Proprietary XLT lens multi-coating reduces reflection for greater light transmission
- BAK4 prism
Use and Handling
- Angled viewing: Eyepiece is at a 45 angle for more comfortable viewing from various positions
- Dual focusing allows you to get subjects in focus quickly with coarse focus control and then refine the image with the fine-focus control
- Tripod mount rotates 360 for positional flexibility
- Sliding sunshade to keep glare or moisture off the objective lens
- Twist-up eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Nitrogen-filled body is water and fogproof
- Durable rubber-armored polycarbonate housing
- Stay-on carrying bag with shoulder strap allows for faster setup and breakdown while keeping the bag off the ground
- T-adapter step ring accepts user-supplied T-ring to mount DSLR for digiscoping
- Celestron TrailSeeker Tripod with Fluid Pan Head
The TrailSeeker Tripod with Fluid Pan Head from Celestron is a 4-section aluminum tripod with a two-way fluid pan/tilt head. It extends from a minimum working height of 18.9' to a maximum of 70.5'. Weighing 3.9 lb, the tripod can hold up to 9 lb, whether that be a spotting scope, binocular, camera, small telescope, or other equipment.
The legs can be independently set to three different angles for shooting on an uneven surface. Flip locks allow you to adjust the height of each leg, and a foam grip on two of the legs adds comfort when carrying the tripod, especially in extreme temperatures. The Center column has a ballast hook for adding a counterweight, which will lower the center of gravity, adding stability to the tripod.
The tripod features a 2-way pan/tilt fluid head with one large knob that both controls the tension and locks the head in place. A quick-release plate with a 1/4'-20 threaded stud makes attaching and detaching your equipment quick and easy. Bubble levels help ensure that your camera will be level to the horizon.
Included with the TrailSeeker is a case and shoulder strap to protect your tripod and make transport easier.
- Celestron LensPen Tool
LensPen # 93575.
A superb new tool in optical lens cleaning technology. Perfect for cleaning binocular lenses, small aperture spotting scopes and telescopes, eyepieces, and other optical items. The LensPen comes with a handy retractable dust removal brush and a special non-liquid cleaning element, designed to never dry out.
Safe and very easy to use.
In the Box
- TrailSeeker 100 22-67x100 Spotting Scope (Angled Viewing) vquvxbvswedfdafabvwuefdwduaxt
- Tripod Balance Plate
- T-adapter Step Ring
- Stay-On Carrying Bag with Shoulder Strap
- Objective Lens Cap, Eyepiece Mount Cap & Eyepiece Cover
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- TrailSeeker Tripod with Fluid Pan Head
- Lenspen Optical Cleaning Tool
Table of Contents
Viewing Angle: Angled
Magnification: 22 to 67x
Objective Lens Diameter: 100 mm
Field of View: 22x: 92.9' @ 1000 yd / 31.0 m @ 1000 m67x: 47.9' @ 1000 yd / 16.0 m @ 1000 m
Minimum Focus Distance: 29.5' / 9.0 m
Exit Pupil Diameter: 22x: 4.4 mm67x: 1.5 mm
Eye Relief: 18.0 to 15.0 mm
Fogproof: Yes, Nitrogen Filled
Water Resistance: Waterproof
Tripod Mounting Thread: 1/4'-20
Dimensions: L: 18.9' / L: 48.0 cm (Without Eyepiece)L: 22.8' / L: 57.9 cm (with Eyepiece)
Weight: 3.9 lb / 1.8 kg
Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 8.05 x 3.45 x 0.85'
Load Capacity: 9 lb / 4.1 kg
Maximum Working Height: 70.5' / 179.1 cm
Max Height without Center Column: 58' / 147.3 cm
Materials: Aluminum (Legs)
Head Type: Pan & Tilt Head
Quick Release: Yes
Leg Lock Type: Flip Lock
Independent Leg Spread: Yes
Leg Sections: 4
Feet Features: Rubber
Center Column Features: Ballast Hook
Center Column Sections: 1
Center Column Extension Type: Rapid
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)