CELESTRON ULTIMA 8" 2000 WITH TRIPOD, ACCESSORIES, CASE, LENS COVER, DEW SHIELD, MANUAL, SOFT COVER FOR MOUNTED TELESCOPE. EXCELLENT CONDITION. Late husband bought this scope about 10 years ago and used it a few times, that's it. Has been stored under cover since then. He loved it but never had the time to devote to using it.
Local pickup in Friendship, WI (near Wis Dells). Can also be transported for local pickup in Mundelein, IL (near Chicago).
The Ultima 2000 8" SCT is a highly desirable computerized GoTo telescope with various unique features not offered before or since.
- It is made mostly from metal with very little plastic.
- Power is from eight AA batteries mounted in the base, so no external power is needed.
- It has adjustable slip clutches, allowing it to be moved via GoTo slewing using the motors or via moving it by grabbing it and pointing it by hand, all without losing its tracking and pointing accuracy.
- It has seperate internal tracking motors, slewing motors, and encoders. One nice consequence of the sperate slewing motors is that it slews quickly without making loud grinding noises, as other GoTo scopes most often do.
- The optics are exceptional. Rumours are that they were handselected by Celestron for this model.
- The secondary mirror is removable with the included "Fastar" system, allowing a camera adapter (not included) to be attached at the front for incredibly fast imaging at f/2. You should be able to buy the Fastar adapter online.
Easily lifted as a single unit by the handles on the right and left fork arms and carry it outdoors for an evening of viewing. (Most other 8" SCTs are not so easy to move.)
Travel case was $300 when purchased separately.
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)