Celestron Wedge with NexStar Evolution/SE, Black (93665)
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 11 x 17 inches
- Item Weight: 15 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 21.8 pounds
- Item model number: 93665
- Make sure this fits. by entering your model number.
- Equatorial WEDGE for Celestron nexstar 6/8sec and evolution alt-az mounted computerized telescopes
- Enables long exposure astrophotography and auto guiding by tilting the telescope azimuth into an Equatorial platform allowing it to track an arc around the Polar axis.
- For beginners to intermediate planetary and deep space Imagers
- Captive hardware, tool-less operation, easily adjusts under Load
- All new hefty yet portable design
The new WEDGE for nexstar evolution and SE 6/8 mounts turns our venerable
single fork arm telescopes into portable astroimaging powerhouses. Our popular
nexstar SE and our new nexstar evolution telescopes are great for
astrophotography, however an EQ WEDGE is necessary to take longer exposure
images, or to advance further and use an auto guider. Alta-az tracking keeps
objects centered, but a long enough exposure will reveal they rotate in the
field of view. Adding a WEDGE allows the mount to track equatorially, thereby
eliminating field rotation. This WEDGE was re engineered from the ground-up,
specifically tailored to the nexstar evolution and se’s size and styling.
Weight is minimal to keep the whole setup light and portable, yet the platform
is sturdy to support taking long exposure astrophotos. Unlock the full imaging
potential from your nexstar evolution or SE 6/8 mount with this new WEDGE!
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories