Class Museum Quality
In terms of area, Alaska is by far the largest state in the United States. The state is well-known for its wilderness and arctic areas, but also contains many tourist attractions as well.
Here are some exciting places to visit on your next trip to Alaska:
1. Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum (in Anchorage): a museum dedicated to Alaska's aviation heritage that is home to 21 vintage aircraft.
2. Alaska Zoo (in Anchorage): home to a large collection of birds and animals, the zoo contains animals native to the state as well as more exotic creatures such as tigers and elephants.
3. Anchorage Museum of History & Art (in Anchorage): a world-class museum which preserves and exhibits the history and art of the state.
4. Elmendorf State Hatchery (in Anchorage): operated by the state's fish and game department, the state hatchery produces salmon and trout for sport fishing and offers a viewing area.
5. H2Oasis (in Anchorage): think Alaska is too cold for swimming? Think again! H2Oasis is an indoor waterpark that features rides, a wave pool, a water coaster, a 150-foot body slide.
6. The Imaginarium (in Anchorage): a hands-on learning center where you can have fun learning about science by actually doing science.
7. Juneau Trolley Car Company (in Juneau): offers a narrated tour of downtown Juneau stopping at 13 points of interest.
8. Mount Robert Tramway (in Juneau): an aerial tramway that goes from the docks to a height of 1,800 feet. At the top of the tramway is a restaurant, theater and nature center, as well as shops and walking trails.
9. Pioneer Park (in Fairbanks): previously known as "Alaskaland", Pioneer Park is a 44 acre amusement park which celebrates Alaskan history.
10. St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church (in Juneau): an impressive Russian Orthodox Church which was built in 1894 and has been in continuous use ever since. The church features a large gold dome and also offers a gift shop.
For information about these and other attractions in Alaska, please go to: http://www.vacation2usa.com/p1_state_alaska_attractions.php
Or discover all 50 states, 800 towns & cities, and over 1,000 attractions! For more information about travel and vacations in the US, please visit: http://www.vacation2usa.com/
This article is Copyright (C) 2007, Answers 2000 Limited.
I have to do a project for Spanish class where I plan a trip to Spain. I have to tell about the geography, history, government, economy, education, people, and culture of Spain, but it has to be integrated into the places I visit. For example, I have to talk about art at an art museum, history at a history museum... I was assigned central spain, so I am "going" to Madrid. I know of a few places like the Prado and Royal Palace to go, but I need a lot more. Can anyone suggest several good tourist sites in Madrid that fit these qualities? And does anyone know of a good website that tells about these places in depth and includes the prices of admission?
Sounds like a fun project.
Whenever I have to research a destination I will go to the locations' CVB or Convention & Visitors Buerau. There is more information then you care to know on them. I am not talking about "travel sellers" website, but the goverments page on tourism. I did a quick Google seach (I put in 'visit Spain') and the website I found was www.okspain.org On this site and similar sites you will find out about different places to see, the hours and the cost and I am sure a link to vendors to sell you tickets.
Good luck on your project. Perhaps you will get to go one day.
|No items matching the keyword phrase "Class Museum Quality" were found. This could be due to the keyword phrase used, or could mean your server is unable to communicate with Ebays RSS2 Server.|
Filed under: Meteorites & Tektites