New in the retail box Coronado PST solar telescope. 400mm focal length. 40mm diameter. Includes 20mm eyepiece.
Coronado's iconic PST 40mm f/10 1.0? H-Alpha Personal Solar Telescope optical system is tuned to the hydrogen-alpha bandwidth with a broad 1? (Angstrom) bandpass for viewing details of the Sun's chromosphere (surface) and prominences, as well as filaments. A bandpass tuner allows users to compensate for Doppler shift or to highlight specific areas or zones.
It is designed and engineered to be set up quickly and used easily. For simplicity, the 30mm etalon and rear blocking filters are set internally, so all users need do is mount the OTA on a stable platform and drop in the included 20mm eyepiece. The PST is offered here without a mount or tripod, but it is equipped with a standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount for using conventional photo/video/field tripods, or it can be mounted on many alt-az, EQ, or motorized astronomical mounts.
- 40mm aperture
- f/10 focal ratio
- 400mm focal length
- Simple focusing ring with 1.25" eyepiece holder
- Eyepiece set at 90° to optical tube puts head in a comfortable viewing position when aimed at or near the zenith
- 30mm internal tunable etalon
- 1? bandpass
- Built-in blocking filter
- Tuning ring allows for Doppler compensation to improve contrast and highlight specific areas/zones
- Tuned for the hydrogen-alpha bandwidth with improved contrast for viewing prominences, filaments, and surface details
- Eyepiece: 1.25" diameter barrel 20mm focal length yields 20x magnification
- Mount and tripod required: 1/4"-20 mount for using conventional photo, video, or field tripod
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)