Daystar Instruments QUARK Hydrogen Alpha Chromosphere Model Eyepiece
This has seen very little use, just a couple of times.
This model sells new for $1195 Plus Shipping
I'm letting it go for $925 Free Shipping in the US 48
I will ship to other loactions for an additional cost
Comes complet with box and all parts as from Daystar
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly.
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar* at an affordable price.
For use on refractors of F/4 to F/8**, the user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view.
The patent pending QUARK* contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness.
Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK* assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). Â No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Â Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget.The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. Â It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark* can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength.
*The QUARK* assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
** QUARK Filters may be used at shorter and longer focal ratios than recommended. F-ratios of F/9 and higher will offer a dimmer visual view and may only be bright enough for photographic applications. F-ratios of less than F/4 will be brighter, but also widen the effective FWHMÂ bandpass performance of the QUARK filter.
- 1.25" or 2.0" combo eyepiece snouts with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece.
- Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Ã… with detents at every 0.1Ã…
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nm
- Integrated 12mm blocking filter
- 21mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with F/4 - F/8 refractors
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450mm focal length refractors
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Not suited for off-axis application.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories