GSO 2" Photo Visual Coma Corrector for Newtonian Telescope
Description Ordering Info USA Shipping International Orders Returns Our eBay Store
1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
GSO 2" Coma Corrector for fast Newtonian Telescopes
- 3-piece modular design (i) Optics in 2" nosepiece with 48mm male filter thread (ii) 2' eyepiece barrel that attaches to optical nosepiece, and (iii) M48 - T2 adapter ring
- Design optimized for use at f/4.5 but will work well from f/3 - f/6
- Reduce coma and field curvature
- Designed for visual and photographic use
- Magnification factor of only 1.1x
- Fully multicoated optics (4 elements / 2 lens groups) with a clear aperture of 43.9mm / 1.73"
- 2" nosepiece features smooth barrel and is threaded to accept standard 2" filters
- 2" eyepiece barrel features brass compression ring and dual large thumbscrews
- Back-focus spacing requirement is 75mm with a tolerance of +/- 5mm.
- For visual use, connect the 2" eyepiece barrel to the main optical nosepiece (as shown in photo 1 above). Additional spacers might be required at the bottom of your eyepiece (not included) to place the focal plane of the eyepiece at the required back-focus distance.
- For photo use, unscrew the 2" eyepiece barrel and attach the included M48-T2 ring to the main optical nosepiece (as shown in photo 3 above). Then attach your D/SLR camera to the male T2 thread via a camera-specific T-ring (not included). Additional spacers will be required (not included) between the corrector and your camera's T ring depending on the camera's CCD chip location to ensure that your CCD plane is set to the correct back-focus distance from the corrector.
- For Canon/Nikon DSLR cameras (with a 55mm backfocus including a standard thickness T-ring), you will require an approx. 20mm long spacer (not included).
- Lower barrel with lens elements: 7.4 oz
- Upper eyepiece holder: 4.1 oz
- Complete unit for visual use: 11.8 oz
- T thread adapter: 0.3 oz
- Complete unit for photo use: 7.7 oz
Note: Occasionally, the product you receive might have a slightly different cosmetic appearance or labeling than what is shown. This can often change from batch to batch according to the whims of the manufacturer. However, you will always receive a brand new, original product as described above.
Back to Top
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories