Meade 16" LX200-ACF Advanced Coma-Free Telescope with UHTC Coatings, 24mm Series 5000 Eyepiece Product Info
The Meade 16" LX200 ACF UHTC Advanced Coma Free GoTo GPS Telescope is a Hubble for your Backyard! Meade LX200 ACF Telescopes bring Advanced Coma Free optics within reach of aspiring astronomers everywhere. Now withMeade 16" LX200ACF Computerized Telescope you can own what the professionals own. Meade LX200-ACF Telescopes Advanced Coma-Free GOTO Telescopes includes all the field-proven features of the Meade LX200 andMeade LX200GPS Telescopes, including GPS, LNT, Primary Mirror Lock, Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser, Oversized Primary Mirror, SmartDrive, Smart Mount, Meade AutoAlign, Meade AutoStar II and more. Plus, all Meade Telescopesof Meade LX 200 ACF Series come with observatory-class optics crafted in the USA, Irvine, California, and Meade Series 5000 26mm 5-Element Plossl Eyepiece. The new Meade LX200ACF Advanced Coma Free Go To GPS Telescopes are the biggest news in astronomy since the Meade LX200.
Meade 16" LX200-ACF Advanced Coma-Free UHTC Telescopes are available in the following models:
- 1610-60-02N: Meade 16in LX200-ACF UHTC Advanced Coma-Free Telescope without Tripod
- 1610-60-02: Meade 16in LX200-ACF UHTC Advanced Coma-Free Telescope with Super Giant Field Tripod
- 1610-60-02AZ: Meade 16in LX200-ACF UHTC Advanced Coma-Free Telescope with AZ Altazumith Pier
- 1610-60-02EQ: Meade 16in LX200-ACF UHTC Advanced Coma-Free Telescope with EQ Equatorial Pier
Features of Meade LX200-ACF Telescopes with UHTC:
- Advanced Coma-Free Optics: Meade Advanced Comafree design is a huge jump over the traditional Schmidt-Cassegrain as far as sharpness of image, flatness of field, and color. Meade Advanced Coma Free Telescopesdelivers the same sharp, flat, comafree field from edge to edge as a typical Ritchey-Chretien. The use of the corrector plate in the Meade ACF system creates a closed and protected optical tube, reduces astigmatism and eliminates the diffraction spikes inherent in the traditional RC design. ACF optical system by Meade perform at the same high level as comparable RC systems costing thousands more.
- Meade UHTC Ultra-High Transmission Coatings: increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter. For more information on Meade UHTC, please, click here.
- Zero Image Shift Microfocuser: allows you to obtain precise image focus with no image movement.
- Primary Mirror Lock: locks the mirror in place during long exposure astro photography.
- Oversize Primary Mirror: diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the Meade 8" LX200 ACF is actually 8.25"). This additional 1/4" yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
- Meade Smart Mount: constantly refines pointing accuracy each time an object is centered and updated. Compatible with both equatorial and altazimuth mounts.
- Meade Smart Drive: provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes.
- Sony GPS Receiver Sensor: automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align a LX200-ACF Meade Telescope.
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)