Orion 05598 1.25-Inch 25 Percent Transmission Moon Filter (Black)
only 2 left in stock! , buy yours today before ran out!
- A specialty Moon filter especially useful for increasing contrast during waning and waxing crescent phases
- Allows transmission of 25 percent of incoming light
- Reduces bright glare reflected off the Moon and boosts contrast and resolution of lunar surface features
- Metal filter cell threads directly into Orion 1.25 inch telescope eyepiece barrels
- Provides a brighter view than the 13 percent Moon filter by blocking less light - ideal for use with smaller telescopes
Useful telescope eyepiece filter transmits 25 percent of incoming light. Ideal for viewing crescent Moon phases and for lunar viewing in smaller-aperture telescopes, for which less dimming is required. We are able to see the Moon at night thanks to sunlight reflecting off its rocky surface. When looking at the Moon through a telescope, bright reflected sunlight can produce significant glare. The Moon's disk, even at partial phases, is in fact so intensely bright with reflected sunlight that observing surface details can be challenging due to the overwhelming glare. This glare can be so bright that it washes out most of the interesting lunar features such as craters, riles, mountains, and valleys. The considerable brightness also reduces contrast on our nearest neighbor in the solar system. When the Moon is in its crescent phase, it does not produce as much glare as when it is full or waxing, but filtration is still recommended to achieve optimal view quality. When looking at the Moon in relatively small (60mm-80mm) telescopes, the brightness is not as distracting as in larger telescopes, but some filtration is required to get the best observations. To improve contrast and tone down glare easily in these situations, we recommend using a neutral-density 1.25 inch Orion 25 percent Transmission Moon Filter. This inexpensive accessory threads directly into a 1.25 inch eyepiece barrel and blocks 75 percent of the light gathered by the telescope, making for more comfortable lunar views exhibiting higher contrast. Once installed on a 1.25 inch telescope eyepiece, the Orion 25 percent Transmission Moon Filter will bring out considerably more lunar surface details thanks to the boosted contrast. Not only will more surface features and details pop out, but you can study them in greater comfort, thanks to Moon Filter reducing overall brightness without altering color.
- We offer FREE shipping on all orders!
- We ship within Three business days of payment, usually sooner.
- We use a selection of shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS etc.
- We only ship to the lower 48 states, no APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes allowed.
- Local pickups and combined shipping options are not provided at this time.
- You can return a product for up to 60 days from the date you purchased it.
- Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
We accept payment by any of the following methods:
Please pay as soon as possible after winning an auction, as that will allow us to post your item to you sooner!
Customer satisfaction is very important to us.
If you have any problem with your order, please contact us and we will do our best to make you satisfied.
If you have any queries, please contact us via ebay. We usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
Please visit our eBay store to check out other items for sale!
Thank you for shopping at our store.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories