Orion 05662 1.25-Inch 13 Percent Transmission Moon Filter (Black)
- The Orion 1.25 inch 13 percent Transmission Moon Filter reduces glare so you can see more lunar detail and surface features with your telescope
- Metal filter cell threads directly into the 1.25 inch barrel of your telescope eyepiece
- Especially useful for large aperture telescopes through which the light of the Moon can be extremely overwhelming
- Telescope eyepiece filter transmits only 13 percent of the incoming light, boosting contrast and ability to discern detail on the Moon
- Perfectly neutral color will not alter the natural color of the Moon
We are able to see the Moon at night thanks to sunlight reflecting off its rocky surface. When looking at the Moon through a telescope, bright reflected sunlight can produce significant glare. The Moon's disk, even at partial phases, is in fact so intensely bright with reflected sunlight that observing surface details can be challenging due to the overwhelming glare. This glare can be so bright that it washes out most of the interesting lunar features such as craters, rilles, mountains, and valleys. The considerable brightness also reduces contrast on our nearest neighbor in the solar system. To improve contrast and tone down glare easily, we recommend using a neutral-density 1.25 inch Orion 13 percent Transmission Moon Filter. This inexpensive accessory threads directly into a 1.25 inch eyepiece barrel and blocks 87 percent of the light gathered by the telescope, making for more comfortable lunar views exhibiting higher contrast. Once installed on a 1.25 inch telescope eyepiece, the Orion 13 percent Transmission Moon Filter will bring out considerably more lunar surface details thanks to the boosted contrast. Not only will more surface features and details pop out, but you can study them in greater comfort, thanks to Moon Filter reducing overall brightness without altering color. This neutral-density telescope eyepiece filter reduces irradiation, which is the distortion at the boundary between light and dark areas, such as along the lunar terminator. Using a Moon filter also helps conserve dark-adapted vision while viewing the lunar surface, especially when using big telescopes with 6 inches of aperture and larger. The Moon is one of the most interesting objects in the night sky to observe through a telescope. Its rugged surface is a feast for the eyes of amateur astronomers, with fascinating craters, mountainous highlands, and large, dark lunar seas formed by ancient volcanic activity.
- We offer FREE shipping on all orders!
- We ship within Three business days of payment, usually sooner.
- We use a selection of shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS etc.
- We only ship to the lower 48 states, no APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes allowed.
- Local pickups and combined shipping options are not provided at this time.
- You can return a product for up to 30 days from the date you purchased it.
- Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
We accept payment by any of the following methods:
Please pay as soon as possible after winning an auction, as that will allow us to post your item to you sooner!
Customer satisfaction is very important to us.
If you have any problem with your order, please contact us and we will do our best to make you satisfied.
If you have any queries, please contact us via ebay. We usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
Please visit our eBay store to check out other items for sale!
Thank you for shopping at our store.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories