Orion 08711 Shorty 1.25-Inch 2x Barlow Lens (Black)
Give your telescope eyepieces a 2x power boost! The Orion Shorty 1.25 inch 2x Barlow Lens doubles the power of any 1.25 inch telescope eyepiece it's used with. For about the price of a single eyepiece or less, the practical Shorty 2x Barlow effectively doubles the number of telescope eyepieces at your disposal. The Orion Shorty 2x Barlow Lens doubles the magnifying power of any 1.25 inch eyepiece, essentially dividing the eyepiece's focal length by a factor of 2. For example: using a 25mm eyepiece in the Shorty 2x Barlow provides the same magnification a 12.5mm eyepiece would normally exhibit (25 / 2 = 12.5). Using this simple formula, you can easily determine how each of your 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces will perform when inserted in the Shorty 2x Barlow Lens. A 20mm ocular will behave like a 10mm eyepiece; a 6mm eyepiece will provide the magnification of a 3mm eyepiece, and so on. Using the Orion Shorty 1.25 inch 2x Barlow Lens is easy. Simply insert the Shorty 2x Barlow into your telescope's focuser or diagonal, and then insert any 1.25 inch eyepiece into the Orion Shorty, gently securing it in place with the two thumbscrews. Then, adjust the telescope's focus wheels to enjoy double the magnification of the eyepiece used. Think of the money you can save with this practical and affordable telescope eyepiece accessory! Not only does the Orion Shorty 2x Barlow's power-boosting ability mean you can enjoy two different viewing magnifications with each 1.25 inch telescope eyepiece in your collection, the Shorty Barlow can also make observing at high powers more comfortable. Many low focal length high-power eyepieces have a woefully small eye lens that can be troublesome to peer through, especially for eyeglass wearers. Using the Orion Shorty 2x Barlow Lens with a longer focal length eyepiece lets you achieve the same high magnification view, but in most cases the eye lens will be much larger, helping to reduce eye strain and improve comfort.
- Double the power of any 1.25" telescope eyepiece with the Orion Shorty Barlow Lens
- A great way to essentially double the number of telescope eyepieces in your collection, without having to buy twice as many eyepieces!
- Very compact - just 3 inch long (half the length of a standard Barlow lens) - easy to stash in your accessory case
- Doublet lens system is multi-coated for excellent transmission and the internal housing is baffled to eliminate unwanted reflections and increase contrast
- Threaded for use with 1.25 inch Orion telescope eyepiece filters
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5 x 3.2 inches
- Item Weight: 3.04 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: 8711
We will ship all orders within 1 business day of payment.
We Do Not Ship Outside of the Continental US.
All items qualify for returns within 30 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for return shipping on any item that is not damaged.
We take our reputation seriously, we buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order, please contact us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories