Orion 10148 SkyQuest XX12g GoTo Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope
- An elegant combination of three astronomical attributes: powerful optical performance, convenient collapsible portability, and modern motorized GoTo and tracking technology
- Big 12" aperture reflector optics bring in a huge amount of light from the night sky for great views of nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and solar system targets like the Moon and planets
- Orion-designed collapsible GoTo Dobsonian base AND 8-pole truss optical tube both break down into easily manageable components for transport in virtually any car
- Closed-loop electronics forgive accidental bumps, nudges, and even manual repositioning without losing alignment of the GoTo system and heavy-duty clutches allow independent adjustment of motion to desired level of resistance in both axes
Our most advanced 12-inch Dobsonian is geared up for extensive exploration of the night sky, with fully motorized GoTo and tracking drives providing automated pointing to any of the over 42,000 celestial objects in the hand controller's database. Orion designed the XX12g's optical tube and base with portability in mind. The truss tube can be divided into a small front tube section including the secondary mirror and focuser, rear tube section housing the primary mirror cell, and the four truss-pole pairs. We've increased portability by making the base collapsible for easy disassembly into four separate, smaller pieces for easier transport. The separated component pieces of the XX12g tube and base can be transported in virtually any standard-sized car to your favorite dark-sky observing site. Heavy-duty clutches allow independent adjustment of motion to desired level of resistance in both axes. WARNING! When using a truss tube Dobsonian for solar observing, always use a Light Shroud and a properly sized solar filter. Make sure there are no gaps between the Shroud and the telescope where direct sunlight can reach the mirror, otherwise eye injury or damage to the telescope can occur. Before using any telescope for solar observing, install protective covers on all optical components. Glancing through an uncovered optical system can cause permanent eye damage. Always install protective caps on all optical instruments if left out during daylight hours.
- We offer FREE shipping on all orders!
- We ship within Three business days of payment, usually sooner.
- We use a selection of shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS etc.
- We only ship to the lower 48 states, no APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes allowed.
- Local pickups and combined shipping options are not provided at this time.
- International buyers – please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges aren't included in the item price or postage cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
- Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
- You can return a product for up to 30 days from the date you purchased it.
- Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
We accept payment by any of the following methods:
Please pay as soon as possible after winning an auction, as that will allow us to post your item to you sooner!
Customer satisfaction is very important to us.
If you have any problem with your order, please contact us and we will do our best to make you satisfied.
If you have any queries, please contact us via ebay. We usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
Please visit our eBay store to check out other items for sale!
Thank you for shopping at our store.
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)