Leftover inventory from closed retail location. New condition, outer box a bit worn though. Filter inside clear plastic case in perfect condition. Priced on close-out.
- Our Hydrogen-Beta Filters help significantly improve resolution of especially faint and challenging nebulas such as the Horsehead, California, and Cocoon Nebulas
- A Hydrogen-Beta filter enhances views of nebulas by isolating the hydrogen-beta spectral line centered at 486.1 nm with a 12nm band-pass
- Specialized Hydrogen-Beta filter blocks all other wavelengths of light and effectively blackens the background sky, allowing the faint nebula to become clear
- For best results use a Hydrogen-Beta eyepiece filter with a moderate to large aperture telescopes under clear, dark skies
- Available in two sizes to fit 1.25" and 2" threaded telescope eyepieces and diagonals - not recommended for astrophotography
Our Orion Hydrogen-Beta filters help backyard astronomers to see faint and elusive nebulas such as the Horsehead, California, and Cocoon Nebulas. These filters block everything but the hydrogen-beta light that these and some other faint nebulas emit, providing the contrast needed to observe them through a telescope. By isolating the hydrogen-beat spectral line centered at 468.1 nanometers (nm) in a 12nm band-pass while blocking other wavelengths, these filters effectively blacken the background sky, allowing the faint nebula to become clearly defined for visual study. Not recommended for astrophotographic use.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories