- Revolutionary new stereo binocular viewer design has big advantages over traditional binoviewers
- With zero backfocus requirement, can be used with any type of telescope - even Newtonians - without need for extender lenses
- Features a dielectric-coated beam-splitting mirror - not a prism - which reduces aberrations and improves contrast
- Twist-tight collars on the eyepiece holders are self-centering to eliminate problematic eyepiece offset.
- Use any two 1.25" eyepieces (sold separately) for 3D-like, immersive views of astronomical and scenic daytime subjects
Enjoy amazing 3D-like views through any telescope with our newest and most advanced stereo binocular viewer! The Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer makes observing a wonderfully comfortable and immersive experience, because you're using both eyes instead of just one.
Unlike other binocular viewers on the market, our innovative Premium Linear Binoviewer boasts a sliding "linear" housing for adjusting the interpupillary distance (IPD) instead of the traditional "folding" body. That matters because the folding types are more prone to collimation problems, whereby the two barrels of the binoviewer become misaligned, causing "double images" and eye strain. With the Premium Linear BinoViewer you just slide the two halves of the housing inward or outward to set the IPD — from 58mm to 74mm — and there's a handy IPD scale laser engraved on the housing so you'll know exactly where to set it the next time for your (or anyone's) eyes.
The eyepiece holders of the Premium Linear Binoviewer accept any two identical 1.25" telescope eyepieces (sold separately), and have convenient twist-tight holding collars that are self-centering. No little thumbscrews to mess with and no chance of miscollimation due to eyepiece offset in the barrels. The right eye side is equipped with a helical diopter adjustment. The Binoviewer's tapered 1.25" barrel minimizes the possibility of accidental fall-out, which is good because at 1 lb. 8 oz., this viewer adds a hefty load onto the diagonal or instrument itself. The barrel is threaded for use of Orion 1.25" filters. Another big advantage of the Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer is that it does not utilize prisms in its optical design — just mirrors and lenses — thereby eliminating optical aberrations associated with prisms, while improving contrast. A knife-edge mirror is employed for light path splitting, rather than a prism used in traditional binoviewers. The dielectric-coated mirror, which boasts 99 percent reflectivity, minimizes differences in brightness, contrast, and color tone between the left and right images compared to prism-containing binoviewers. And four of the internal lenses are made from lanthanum glass, which effectively suppresses chromatic aberration.
Other big advantages of the Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer over most competing binoviewers include:
- The Premium Linear BinoViewer can be used with any type of telescope, even reflectors.
- The Premium Linear BinoViewer requires no additional backfocus or in-travel. It does not alter the magnification of the optical system. And you won't need a Barlow lens to reach focus as with some other binoviewers.
- Its built-in image erecting system means you can use the Premium Linear BinoViewer without a diagonal, if desired, and get a "normal" upright image.
- Low-power viewing is both possible and pleasurable with the Premium Linear BinoViewer, which is not the case with many binoviewers, since you don't need a Barlow lens with ours to achieve focus.
To use the Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer with a diagonal, we recommend the Orion Pentaprism 90-degree 1.25" Diagonal (part #52055), as it will provide a correctly oriented image. Use of a standard star diagonal or a "correct-image" diagonal will both yield an upside-down image.
The Premium Linear Binoviewer comes complete with a roomy, waterproof hard carrying case for protection and convenient transport of your device. There's enough room inside to allow storage of a pair of 1.25" eyepieces and the Pentaprism diagonal (all sold separately) in addition to the BinoViewer! Whether you're gazing during the daytime or under the stars at night, the versatile and revolutionary Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer will bring a whole new dimension of stereoscopic immersion and comfort to your observing sessions — no matter what type of telescope you are using. Get yours today!
The product shown is the exact item up for sale. Please email us any questions you may have concerning this listing.
Why Buy Your Next Telescope from CCTS?
1. CCTS Quality Control
Every telescope we receive is physically and optically
inspected by our experts for proper collimation and flawless operation. We
take the time to make sure that the scope you receive is the best
instrument you can get.
2. Customer Support
At CCTS, the
owners, Jeff and Greta, take a hands-on approach to customer service. They
will personally make sure that your order is filled promptly and
courteously. You will NEVER feel that your hard earned money is spent
unwisely with a company that is too busy to take the time to see that you
are serviced well.
3. The Best Extended Warranty in the
CCTS provides customers with an elite level of service
unlike any other company. Purchasing an Extended Service Contract from us
means that you making an intelligent investment in the future of your
We offer the most comprehensive AND the lowest priced
warranties in the business:
How about a 3 year extended warranty for only $49.95 on
a $2000.00 telescope?
None of our competitors even OFFER extended warranties!
Protection for your equipment after the manufacturer's
warranty expires. AND...
You can transfer the contract to a new owner!
AND... OF COURSE... LASTLY:
4. We are Never Undersold!
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories