PAUL VAN SLYKE SLIDER 2 GUIDER (1 INPUT, 3 OUTPUTS)
I bought this part to attach to my planetary scope, but I found out after buying it that I could not use it in my set up, which is very much "space restricted" (see in www.marronyazul.es PICTURES OF MY SETUP), so it has been resting for a 3 or 4 years now in a pelican case!)
It allows to have a guider scope AND an additional "upper" port in your optical train. With this device, you can get 3 optical pathes out of your existing viewing port:
1) 2" Normal viewing "straight port" (as the one you have).
2) 1,25" Guiding port (it has a little mirror that can be precisely adjusted for a guiding camera).
3) 2" "Up port", that allows you to use another camera or an eyepiece there (you slide a big 45º mirror "in" ("up port" usage) or "out" ("straight through port" usage))
Given the out-of-business nature of manufacturer, I am selling this superb adapter at a higher price than original price. But market rules. Please, SEND IN YOUR OFFERS IN CASE YOU ARE INTERESTED.
- Optical Manifold Specifications & Features: Slider 2
- NEW STAINLESS STEEL (military spec - aircraft grade - high strength) hardware throughout
- NEW SUPER durable pure "Glass Bead" (cold-worked - surface-hardened) body finish
- NEW Nitrile seals that totally eliminate all internal stray light
- NEW lighter Slider body utilizing aesthetic metal removal machining techniques
- NEW double-cut DIAMOND knurled ports
- NEW rounded corners - the box is gone! Long live the box!
- Very short 2.5" body profile
- Collimatable top slide-mirror port on all Sliders
- Full 360 degree radius pick-off mirror control for Slider 2
- Easiest guide star acquisition on the market - guaranteed!
- FREE exclusive, zero profile built-in 2" filter changer/holder w/ejection plunger & light-blocking ring
- 0.25" thick-wall const. for guaranteed zero flexure (no other flip-mirror device even comes close)
- Large 1.75" (45mm) straight-through & diagonal clear aperture
- VP Slider box dimensions = 2.5"H x 2.5"L x 5"W
- Front input port = 2"-24tpi standard threaded slip-ring
- Rear output (imaging) port = 2" ID x 0.75" deep w/filter slot
- Top slide-mirror port = 2" ID x 1.3" insertion depth
- Side pick-off port (VP Slider 2 only) = 1.25" ID x 1.5" deep
- Main slide-mirror size = 2" x 2.5"
- Side pick-off mirror size = 0.5" x 0.75" (extra-large 0.5" clear aperture)
- Double black Nylon thumb screws (10-32) on all output ports
- Aircraft-grade 6060-T6 aluminum (NAS620 or AN960 aeronautics specs) or better
- Military specification 18-8 stainless steel (MS15795, MS27183 or ASTM A693) or better
- Weight: less than 2 lbs.
LINK TO ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER (now unfortunately out of business due to a fire, I send my salutes to Paul)
- Issues: none. Selling to fund other projects. My astronomy website is: www.marronyazul.es
- A WARNING WORD HERE: My descriptions are faithful. If I say an optic is clean, then it is clean. I am NOT a cold Corporation thinking up just in numbers and my selling here is a long term responsability activity. I want you to be sure you are paying for what I am describing. In fact, most of my items are over-described (I tend to look specifically for problems instead of overlooking them). If for some reason you think I missed it up, get back to me. I don't tend to mess around with people. Like most of you, I work out my life with others "Quid Pro Quo" style, which means that I TRY TO DO OTHERS WHAT I WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO WITH ME.
- I ACCEPT ON HAND DELIVERY if you live in Madrid.
- I accept returns given JUST ONE condition: 1) Items must be received back in same condition as when they left here.
Important shipping notice for international destinations (outside of Spain): Unless your order is shipped as "urgent", your order will be shipped out on Mondays. Have that in mind when you buy anything. I also ship on some Fridays in case batch is big enough to cover my carrier requirements.
Thank you and sorry for the delays hereof.
Importante anuncio envíos dentro de España: Los envíos con destino a España suelen enviarse en un máximo de 1-2 días laborables.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories