Pentax 70513 SMC-XW 7 1.25-Inch Eyepiece For Telescopes Pentax Spotting Scopes
Brand New in its Original Retail Box
Authorized Dealer - Mfr # 70513 / UPC 027075075214
Here is what you get:
- Pentax SMC XW 7mm Wide Angle Eyepiece (1.25") - 55x w/ 65mm, 71x with 80, 90x with 100mm Pentax Scopes
- Push-On Front & Rear Caps
- Plastic Helicoid Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 70° Apparent Field of View
- 20mm Eye Relief
- Waterproof & Fogproof
- Fits Pentax Spotting Scopes
Pentax premium spotting scopes adhere to the American standard of 1.25" eyepiece thread diameter, facilitating the use of eyepieces from independent manufacturers. That also means, of course, that the wonderful Pentax eyepieces can be used in other telescopes and spotting scopes which accept 1.25" eyepieces.
Pentax eyepieces are a near consensus choice amongst serious amateur and professional astronomers as the best that's out there, quite an accomplishment indeed given the fervent passion of the collective.
The XW line represents an even further improvement upon the venerable XL series. The apparent field of view has been expanded to a whopping 70°, but remarkably this was achieved without reducing their impressive eye relief of 20mm. There are eyepieces available with wider apparent viewing fields, but to take advantage of that wider field you'll have to be much closer to the eyepiece. This isn't exactly conducive to extended observing sessions. Additionally, there are lesser eyepieces with similar claims of 70° apparent viewing fields, but the performance upon the edge of these eyepieces isn't on par with the Pentaxes. If you're using a telescope with a fast aperture, this is of particular importance.
71x with the PF-80ED
74x with the PF-80ED-A
90x with the PF-100ED
Angle of View
1.0° with the PF-80ED & PF-80ED-A
0.8° with the PF-100ED
Field-of-View (@ 1000 Yds)
52' (17 m at 1000 m) with the PF-80ED & PF-80ED-A
41' (14 m at 1000 m) with the PF-100ED
Exit Pupil Diameter
75.4 with the PF-80ED & PF-80ED-A
94.9 with the PF-100ED
Waterproof & fogproof
2.4 x 4.7" (61 x 119mm) WxH
0.86 lb (390 g)
Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
7.5 x 4 x 3.4"
For International Shipping Cost: Please click on 'Shipping and Payments' tab on the top of the page.
Sales Policy and Information
- We offer Paypal, which is a fast and secure way of paying.
- When paying with PayPal you may ship to whichever address you prefer.
- We offer both Paypal and credit card payments.
- Most orders are shipped within 24 hours.
- Standard shipping within the USA is shipped via UPS Ground, which is a secure and fast way of shipping.
- We know you're anxious to get your purchase. Therefore, we offer UPS 3 Day Select and UPS Next Day Air Saver for a special low rate.
- Orders shipped to PO Box addresses are shipped via USPS.
- Orders shipped internationally will ship via USPS.
Attention Canadian and International Buyers:
- Orders shipped internationally are shipped via USPS. UPS is available upon request.
- We accept PayPal Payments from most international countries (wherever PayPal is accepted.)
- On orders shipped outside the USA there may be local customs charges. Buyers will be responsible for any and all custom fees and charges. Please check with your local authorities prior to purchase.
- As per USA Regulations we have to declare the full item amount when shipping overseas.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories