THE ITTY BITTY RADIO TELESCOPE KIT IS HERE!
This Radio Telescope comes complete with Radio-SkyPipe II Software. On the CD it has instruction on how to make more IBT's also an Entire Lesson plan for teachers to show you how to get the most out of your new IBT!
Hook up to the computer and use the SkyPipe Software in order to hear galactic noises from the Sun!
The Itty Bitty Telescope (IBT): Tips for building and using a simple radio telescope
FAST Facts about the IBT:
1. This is a 12,000 MHz radio telescope. 2. It can detect frequencies in the range of 12,200 to 12,700 MHz. 3. It is not a radio telescope system that can be used for serious sky surveys. 4. It can detect the sun. 5. It can detect blackbody radiation such as 300K trees, buildings, people, when viewed against blank sky. 6. You must use it outside, or through a large window.
NOTE: the IBT astronomically is for detecting the Sun only. It will, however, also detect trees, buildings and people.
The "Itty Bitty Telescope" was fashioned after the Little Bitty
Telescope described at http://www.setileague.org/articles/lbt.pdf. This website also provides some experiments that can be performed on the "Little Bitty Telescope."
Kit comes with everything you need to build your own working Radio Telescope:
- Complete Instructional CD*
- 1 - DirectTV 18-inch satellite dish with LNB and mount
- 1 - Signal Cat Satellite Finder
- 12" x 12" 3/4" plywood board for base
- Lazy Susan Type platform
- 8 -1 1/4" sheet metal or wood screws
- 4' coax cable
- 2' coax cable
- 1 - 8 AA battery holder
- 1 - 9-volt battery clip
- 20 dB in line amplifier
- 3.5mm mini plug cable for laptop or speaker connectivity
*Contents of the instructional CD includes the following:Radio SkyPipe II SoftwareProcedure for Making the IBTFull Teacher's Lesson Plan entitled: "IBT- What is It and What Can it Do?"
- 7/16 socket wrench
- Screw drivers, both Phillips and straight
- Wire cutters
- Wire striper or knife
The product shown is the exact item up for sale. Please email us any questions you may have concerning this listing.
Why Buy Your Next Telescope from CCTS?
1. CCTS Quality Control
Every telescope we receive is physically and optically
inspected by our experts for proper collimation and flawless operation. We
take the time to make sure that the scope you receive is the best
instrument you can get.
2. Customer Support
At CCTS, the
owners, Jeff and Greta, take a hands-on approach to customer service. They
will personally make sure that your order is filled promptly and
courteously. You will NEVER feel that your hard earned money is spent
unwisely with a company that is too busy to take the time to see that you
are serviced well.
3. The Best Extended Warranty in the
CCTS provides customers with an elite level of service
unlike any other company. Purchasing an Extended Service Contract from us
means that you making an intelligent investment in the future of your
We offer the most comprehensive AND the lowest priced
warranties in the business:
How about a 3 year extended warranty for only $49.95 on
a $2000.00 telescope?
None of our competitors even OFFER extended warranties!
Protection for your equipment after the manufacturer's
warranty expires. AND...
You can transfer the contract to a new owner!
AND... OF COURSE... LASTLY:
4. We are Never Undersold!
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories