Rubber Armored Binoculars
No, the end of duck hunting season doesn't mean it's time for all the HONEY DOs quite yet! Here's a checklist we have put together of all items we have taken care of or still in the process of... A little care at the end of duck hunting season can add years of life to your hunting gear.
1) If you are using Ace duck decoy anchors or Avery J anchors be sure to release the tension on the rubber stretch cord. Next wipe down the rubber stretch cord with Armor-All. These simple steps will keep the rubber from dry rotting and help it last much longer. Next, store your decoys preferably out of the sunlight and extreme temperature changes.
2) Using a permanent marker place a T on the top of your duck call reeds and remove. By doing so the cork won't become compressed during the off-season and need replacing before season starts. Store individual calls and associated parts in individual zip-lock bags so reeds and corks don't become interchanged.
3) Be sure to add a fuel stabilizer to the gas tank of your outboard boat motor before you head out for your last duck hunting trip. Most boat shops get $100 a carburetor for cleaning when old gas leaves a varnish behind.
4) At a minimum wipe down your duck hunting shotgun with Rem-Oil or your choice of gun oil if your gun doesn't have a camo finish. This will prevent off-season rust from occurring. Better yet give it a good cleaning. Don't forget to clean out the inside of the magazine tube and the spring and tube in the stock if a semi-auto. Don't forget to remove the choke tube and apply a generous amount of oil to the threads before reinstalling.
5) If you pulled your boat trailer on salted roads on duck hunting trips towards end of season be sure to power wash the trailer and boat. Salt will raise havoc on painted and unpainted surfaces.
6) Be sure to dry out the insides of your waders to avoid mold and other stuff from growing during the off-season. Best done with boot driers...
7) At the end of duck hunting season remove batteries from your motion decoys. Just a slight leak of battery acid can cause un-repairable corrosion to internal wires and connectors inside your motion duck decoys.
8) Be sure to charge your boat battery and spinning wing decoy batteries at the end of duck hunting season. Lead acid batteries including gel-cells will last longer if kept fully charged.
By using some or all of the tips above hopefully you can extend the life of your duck hunting gear and save some money in the future.
Are the binoculars I bought for my dad good ones? How far will they see? More details inside...?
The additional info about them is pasted below the line. They are made by Bushnell. He didn't want anything fancy, just standard binoculars. How can you tell how far you will be able to see when purchasing binoculars?
BaK-4 prisms for bright, clear, crisp viewing
Multi-coated optics for superior light transmission.
Reliable, fog-free performance
Non-slip rubber armor absorbs shock while providing a firm grip
Large center focus knob for easy, precise adjustments
Longer eye relief
Ideal for water sports, out door activities, bird watching, walking, climbing, travel
Supplied boxed with carry case, lenscloth & neckstrap
L = 140mm
W = 110mm
H = 50mm
Ocular Lens Aperture :17mm
Objective Lens Aperture :42mm
Weight 330 G
Focus System: Center
Field 6° 10M/10000M
Those are a little better than your basic bicocs and bushnell is a good brand he'll like them that's for sure. As for how far he'll be able to see in them not really sure, at full magnification he should be able to see a good ways away. The bigger the number the further you'll be able to see, like if they say 10x50mm which is what I believe they are you'll see a ways away and see clear.
Binoculars 8x21mmCompact Rubber Armored Black Limited Supply FREE SHIPPING
Carl Zeiss 7x50 B T Rubber Armored Marine Binoculars
Tasco 8x21 165RB Rubber Armored Compact Folding Binoculars Fully coated optics
Steiner 7x50 Marine Waterproof Rubber Armored Autofocus Binoculars With Case
Steiner Marine 7x50 Binoculars Rubber Armored Clean
Celestron 9x63 SkyMaster Porro Prism Rubber Armored Binoculars
Yukon Futurus 8 24x50 rubber armored binoculars
Veber Bpc Zoom Porro Prizm Rubber Armored Binocular Black 10 30x60 BBPC103060
Vintage Apollo Rubber Armoured BINOCULARS Roof Prism 8 X 21
Green Large Objective 8x56 Waterproof Binoculars Rubber Armored Telescope
Vivitar Rubber Armored Binoculars in case VIV CS 821 8x21 Pocket Size
Binoculars Roof Prism Rubber Armoured 8 x 21
Filed under: Astronomy Binoculars