Rubber Armored Binoculars
No, the end of duck hunting season doesn't mean it's time for all the HONEY DOs quite yet! Here's a checklist we have put together of all items we have taken care of or still in the process of... A little care at the end of duck hunting season can add years of life to your hunting gear.
1) If you are using Ace duck decoy anchors or Avery J anchors be sure to release the tension on the rubber stretch cord. Next wipe down the rubber stretch cord with Armor-All. These simple steps will keep the rubber from dry rotting and help it last much longer. Next, store your decoys preferably out of the sunlight and extreme temperature changes.
2) Using a permanent marker place a T on the top of your duck call reeds and remove. By doing so the cork won't become compressed during the off-season and need replacing before season starts. Store individual calls and associated parts in individual zip-lock bags so reeds and corks don't become interchanged.
3) Be sure to add a fuel stabilizer to the gas tank of your outboard boat motor before you head out for your last duck hunting trip. Most boat shops get $100 a carburetor for cleaning when old gas leaves a varnish behind.
4) At a minimum wipe down your duck hunting shotgun with Rem-Oil or your choice of gun oil if your gun doesn't have a camo finish. This will prevent off-season rust from occurring. Better yet give it a good cleaning. Don't forget to clean out the inside of the magazine tube and the spring and tube in the stock if a semi-auto. Don't forget to remove the choke tube and apply a generous amount of oil to the threads before reinstalling.
5) If you pulled your boat trailer on salted roads on duck hunting trips towards end of season be sure to power wash the trailer and boat. Salt will raise havoc on painted and unpainted surfaces.
6) Be sure to dry out the insides of your waders to avoid mold and other stuff from growing during the off-season. Best done with boot driers...
7) At the end of duck hunting season remove batteries from your motion decoys. Just a slight leak of battery acid can cause un-repairable corrosion to internal wires and connectors inside your motion duck decoys.
8) Be sure to charge your boat battery and spinning wing decoy batteries at the end of duck hunting season. Lead acid batteries including gel-cells will last longer if kept fully charged.
By using some or all of the tips above hopefully you can extend the life of your duck hunting gear and save some money in the future.
Are the binoculars I bought for my dad good ones? How far will they see? More details inside...?
The additional info about them is pasted below the line. They are made by Bushnell. He didn't want anything fancy, just standard binoculars. How can you tell how far you will be able to see when purchasing binoculars?
BaK-4 prisms for bright, clear, crisp viewing
Multi-coated optics for superior light transmission.
Reliable, fog-free performance
Non-slip rubber armor absorbs shock while providing a firm grip
Large center focus knob for easy, precise adjustments
Longer eye relief
Ideal for water sports, out door activities, bird watching, walking, climbing, travel
Supplied boxed with carry case, lenscloth & neckstrap
L = 140mm
W = 110mm
H = 50mm
Ocular Lens Aperture :17mm
Objective Lens Aperture :42mm
Weight 330 G
Focus System: Center
Field 6° 10M/10000M
Those are a little better than your basic bicocs and bushnell is a good brand he'll like them that's for sure. As for how far he'll be able to see in them not really sure, at full magnification he should be able to see a good ways away. The bigger the number the further you'll be able to see, like if they say 10x50mm which is what I believe they are you'll see a ways away and see clear.
ORION 9X63 FULLY MULTI COATED RUBBER ARMORED BINOCULAR JAPAN
West Marine Shoreline 8 x 42 Compact Rubber Armored Waterproof Binoculars
16X52 Dual Focus Monocular Rubber Armored Super Clear Hunting Camping Scope
NEW West Marine Shoreline 8 x 42 Compact Rubber Armored Waterproof Binoculars
Zeiss Green Safari Rubber Armored 8x30B GA Binoculars 8 x 30
Fujinon 7x50 Rubber Armoured Binoculars W Compass Marine Military Preowned NICE
Superb 1983 KERN Swiss Army Military Rubber Armored Binoculars 8x30 Plus litera
Celestron 9x63 SkyMaster Porro Prism Rubber Armored Binoculars
Monocular Roxant Viper 10x25 Pocket Scope with Rubber Armor Molded Snake Grip
SWIFT STORM KING MK2 7X50 BINOCULAR IMMERSION TESTED RUBBER ARMORED JAPAN
Selsi 7x 50 Rubber Armored Cleaned Enhanced
Green Large Objective 8x56 Waterproof Binoculars Rubber Armored Telescope
Filed under: Astronomy Binoculars