SBIG ST-4 STANDALONE CCD Imaging Camera TELESCOPE GUIDE Auto Star Tracker ST4
We gladly ship worldwide*!
SBIG st-4 STANDALONE CCD Imaging Camera + TELESCOPE GUIDE Auto Star Tracker GUIDER with Software CD
Autoguiding Digital Astronomical Camera Astronomy
FOR MEADE CELESTRON TELEVUE and others
- Santa Barbara Instruments Group Astrophotography Camera Model CCDH-1
- with ST-4 Star Tracker Auto Guider
- AC power adapter and serial cable.
- software cd
The camera is in very good condition and appears to still be in it's original packaging
CCD STAR TRACKER & IMAGING CAMERA
Very few instruments have had the dramatic effect on astrophotography as the Model ST-4 CCD Imaging Camera/Autoguider. This thermoelectrically cooled CCD imaging camera is actually a dual purpose instrument that can be used as an automatic Star Tracker to take long guided exposures of the night sky or, in conjunction with a personal computer; as an introductory level Imaging Camera displaying 8 bit digital images. The internal cooling of the CCD reduces the detector thermal noise and significantly improves the ability to guide on dim stars. The ST-4 is easy to use and will automatically track a guide star for professional quality astrophotographs, measure stellar magnitude, perform as a blink comparator or record images of galaxies.
When located at the prime focus of either a guide telescope or the primary telescope, the Model ST-4 generates control signals for guiding a telescope in Right Ascension and Declination. In operation a guide star is focused on the CCD detector; which consists of an array of elements, called pixels. These pixels, which are arranged in horizontal and vertical rows, convert photons into electrons. When a guide star's image is present at a specific pixel the ST-4's microcontroller will note the increased signal from that pixel. If the star is drifting it will appear at a different pixel in the next exposure. The microcontroller then calculates how far the star has drifted and generates a control signal to correct the position. The control signal's duration is a function of how far the star has drifted. The microcontroller can take an exposure, read out all of the pixel values, and calculate the necessary telescope correction in less than a second.
The ST-4 has a CALIBRATE mode in which the internal software automatically drives the telescope in all four directions sequentially. During this mode the ST-4 determines the amount of correction necessary to move the guide star one pixel in the North, South, East and West directions of the field of view. Once the CALIBRATE function has been completed the user presses the TRACK button and the ST-4 acquires a fresh star image, centers the image on a pixel and holds that star in position by constantly monitoring it and sending correction signals to the telescope drive immediately after each exposure.
The ST-4 is thermoelectrically cooled to enhance its sensitivity to dim stars. This extreme sensitivity enables guide stars as faint as 8th magnitude to be tracked utilizing a 60 mm guide telescope and 12th magnitude with a 20 cm aperture. The rapid calculating power of the microcomputer enables the guide star location to be determined within a fraction of a pixel, enabling better than 1 arcsecond tracking accuracy.
In the IMAGING mode, when used in conjunction with a PC or Macintosh, the ST-4 will record and display 8 bit digital images that are "seeing" limited. It can be used for imaging faint galaxies, measuring the angular separation and orientation of close binary stars or determining the magnitude of any star within its field-of-view. A cable is provided to connect the Model ST-4 to the serial port on the host computer as is software to automatically configure the port. The microcontroller in the ST-4 is instructed to take an exposure by the host computer and to store the data in its internal memory. Complete control of the imaging camera is through the computer keyboard. The data is then transmitted over the RS-232 serial link at speeds up to 57.6K baud to the computer where it can be displayed and saved to the disk. A full image consists of 31872 bytes and is digitized to 8 bit accuracy.
The ST-4 now includes several additional software programs which greatly expand on it's capabilities as a stand alone autoguider. When connected to a computer or laptop via the serial port, the ST-4 becomes a versatile instrument. For remote operation the ST-4 now comes with CCDTRACK software which allows the user to perform all of the ST-4's stand alone guiding functions from a remote computer. CCDTRACK software also includes several enhancements to the ST-4's guiding capabilities. Remote control is very useful for observatory work or any application where the user wishes to manage the autoguider and telescope from more than a few feet away. CCDBLINK software allows the ST-4 to be used as a very accurate blink comparator as might be used for asteroid hunting, comet tracking, etc. CCDUTIL software contains image processing utilities and special file utilities for interchanging image files from the ST-4 with other programs. The utilities include image translation and rotation with sub-pixel accuracy, flat field correction of images, filtering and scaling.
The Model ST-4 is in world wide use. It has become the standard for precision telescope guiding. It is also a good low cost introductory imaging camera, but the autoguiding is the major feature of this product.
Model ST-4 CCD Specifications
- CCD TI TC-211
- Pixel Array 192 x 164 pixels, 2.6 x 2.6 mm
- Total Pixels 31,000
- Pixel Size 13.75 x 16 microns
- Full Well Capacity 80,000e
- Dark Current 250e/pixel/sec at 0C
- Antiblooming Variable Rate
- Readout Specifications
- Shutter None
- Exposure 0.01 to 300 seconds, 10ms
- Correlated Double Sampling No
- A/D Converter 8 bits + 2 bit Gain Select
- A/D Gain 150e/ADU
- Read Noise 150eRMS
- Binning Modes 1 x 1
- Pixel Digitization Rate 100 kHz
- Full Frame Acquisition under 6 seconds
Optical Specifications (8" f/10)
- Field of View 4.5 x 4.5 arcminutes
- Pixel Size 1.4 x 1.6 arcseconds
- Limiting Magnitude Magnitude 11 in 1 second
- (for 3 arcsec FWHM stars) Magnitude 16 in 1 minute
- Cooling Single Stage Thermoelectric
- Temperature Regulation Unregulated
- Power 12 V AC/DC 1 amp, Transformer included
- Computer Interface Serial (RS-232)
- Computer Compatibility PC - MS-DOS, Macintosh
- Guiding Stand-alone Autoguiding
- Optical Head 3 in. diameter x 1.5 in. deep 0.5 pounds/0.2 Kg
- CPU 6 x 9 x 2 inches / 15 x 23 x 5 cm 2 pounds/0.9 Kg
- Mounting 1.25 Inch Draw Tube
- Backfocus 0.04 inches/0.1 cm
Software: CCD CCDUTIL-PC CCDBLINK-PC CCDTRACK-PC
Don't forget to place your bid.
By bidding on this auction you agree to the following terms:
- Buyer pays all shipping costs.
- Let us know if there is an issue with the shipping costs, as they are automatically calculated by ebay.
- Shipments made to California must include 7.75% sales tax unless we are provided with a valid resale certificate.
- We reserve the right to ship with Fedex ground, USPS and any other carrier in the best interests of the buyer and seller.
- The Parcel post option is only available to alaska, Hawaii, and US territories only. If you select parcel post and you live in the lower 48 states you package may be sent by another carrier and/or an additional shipping amount may be required.
- If the shipping cost quoted is over $150, that means it will be shipped freight, and the price quoted is for pickup at a freight terminal nearby your location (usually within 25 mi if you are in a major US city). if you need residential delivery, or if you don't have a forklift/loading dock the price will be higher in some cases.
- Payment is to be made by PayPal
- Please contact us if you have any questions about ebay's recent payment policy change.
- Payment is to be received within ten days of close of auction.
- Should payment not be received within ten days the item will be re-listed and high bidder will forfeit.
International Terms: (These terms only apply to international shipments.)
- Buyer is responsible for all brokerage, customs, and or duty charges.
- *Not all items are available for international shipment due to import/export regulations. In the event that we are unable to ship to buyers country, buyer will receive a full refund.
- Payment must be made in US Dollars.
- Money must be drawn against a US bank.
- No warranty nor guarantee is expressed or implied regarding: usability, functionality, merchantability, or cosmetic appearance of the item(s) in auction.
- What you see in the picture(s) is what you get nothing more nothing less.
- Test results of item(s) in auction are described to the best of our ability in the ad. The results of all tests that are performed are disclosed in the ad.
- Items sold as "Untested" are simply that we have been unable to test the item(s) due to missing cables/adapters/toner cartridge/ksu/etc, lack of time, or other restrictions, Such as when we sell a laptop that we don't have an AC adapter for.
- Our only guarantee is that you will receive the make and model listed in the ad.
- The maximum liability of BigonBusiness (the seller) is the high bid of the auction.
- Returns are only allowed under cases of gross misrepresentation in the ad, such as when we describe a monitor as a fax machine. Such claims of misrepresentation must be filed within three days of receipt of shipment. Best Stuff To You reserves the right to replace the item(s) or refund the high bid solely at our discretion. Item must be returned in the original box and packaging.
- Bidder must request a RMA number before returning item(s).
- Packages returned without a RMA number will become property of Best Stuff To You ten days after receipt unless buyer has paid return shipping within the ten day period.
Shipping Damage Terms:
- Seller will file a shipping claim(s) upon behalf of the buyer with common carrier in the event shipment(s) is/are damaged during shipping, provided bidder has purchased insurance.
- Not retaining the original box and packaging may affect the carriers decision on a claim.
- Seller will commence filing the claim once buyer has filed the damage report with the seller.
- Buyer must notify seller within 48 hours of receipt of a damaged shipment.
If any provision of this Auction Contract is held unenforceable, All remaining provisions of this Contract shall remain in full force and effect.
Copyright 2017 BigonBusiness - All Rights Reserved.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories