VISIT OUR EBAY STORE
Sky-Watcher Stargate 500 SynScan 20? Truss DobsonianTelescope
Condition: Brand New in Original Packaging
- Focal length of 2000mm (f/3.9)
- Fused conical parabolic mirrors
- 94% reflectivity coatings
- Minimalist all-metal structure
- Truss-tubes break are 36" length for easy transport
- Azimuth and altitude bearings are steel and Teflon
- Spring loaded truss anchor points clearly labeled
- Adjustable feet?
- Motorized operation in both alt and azimuth axes
- Freedom Find dual-encoder technology
Sky-Watcher Stargate truss-tube Dobsonians are the biggest thing to happen to the astronomy market in quite some time. With the introduction of the 20" Stargate truss-tube Dobsonians, Sky-Watcher became the first telescope manufacturer to provide mass-market telescopes with this level of light gathering power. With this kind of aperture you’ll be able to view the most subtle planetary and deep sky phenomenon.
The 20" Dobsonian has a focal length of 2000mm (f/3.95) giving the amateur astronomer a wider and deeper view of the night sky. Enjoy the truss-tube Stargate Dobsonian with a 9x50 straight through finderscope, eyepieces, stabilizing clamps, a ribbed fabric shroud and a 2" dual speed Crayford focuser. The Stargate Dobsonian has the ability to show you views of our vast universe, with sights that'll blow your mind, take advantage of this magnificent tool.
Stargates feature Sky-Watcher’s exclusive fused conical parabolic mirrors. The fused design allows for thinner mirror construction that provides faster cooling and lighter weight. Combined with the cast cellular secondary mirror and Sky-Watcher’s exclusive 94% reflectivity coatings, Stargate delivers bright, detailed views of your favorite deep sky objects. The 20 inch model captures 56% more light than Sky-Watchers' 18 inch model, allowing for more fun at all times.
The minimalist all-metal structure of the Stargate produces a sturdy and stable platform while maintaining a convenient and compact footprint. The truss-tubes break down to a very manageable 36 inch length for easy transport. Azimuth and altitude bearings are steel and Teflon for smooth, steady movement.
Setting up a Stargate is a simple procedure, taking only about 20 minutes. Spring loaded truss anchor points are clearly labeled to eliminate any frustration or confusion. Adjustable feet make leveling a snap.
Our GoTo line of Stargates provide motorized operation in both alt and azimuth axes. Featuring Sky-Watcher’s proprietary SynScan hand controller, your scope now automatically slews to and tracks over 42,900 celestial objects from the on-board database. Sky-Watcher’s Freedom Find dual-encoder technology ensures accurate tracking while allowing you to move the telescope manually in either axis without compromising alignment. This provides a level of convenience and flexibility not available in telescopes without dual encoders.
What's in the Box
- Sky-Watcher Stargate 450P 20" Truss Dobsonian Telescope
- 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser
- 3 x 2.3 lbs Counterweights
- 9x50 Finderscope
- 2” 28 mm LET Plössl Eyepiece
- 1.25" 10 mm Plössl Eyepiece
- Collimation Eyepiece
- Stabilizing Truss Clamps
- Ribbed Fabric Shroud
- Cast Metal Rocker and Base
- SynScan with 42,000+ Object Database
- Two Year Warranty
- Optical Design: Dobsonian
- Primary Aperture (mm): 508mm (20”)
- Secondary Diameter (mm): 134mm minor axis
- Secondary Obstruction by Area: 7%
- Mirror Coatings: 94% Aluminum
- Glass Type: Borosilicate
- Focal Length (mm): 2000mm
- Focal Ratio: 3.95
- Light Gathering (compared to next size down): Captures 56% more light than a 16” telescope
- Zenith Eyepiece Height: 79”
- Rayleigh Limit: 0.28
- Dawes Limi: 0.23
- Limiting Magnitude: 16
- Minimum Magnification: 72x
- Maximum Magnification: 1000x
- GoTo: Yes
- Object Database: 42900+
- Dual Encoders: Yes
- Focuser: 2" Dual Speed Crayford
- Included Eyepieces: 28mm LET eyepiece and 10mm eyepiece
- Included Finder: 9x50
- Other Included Items: 2.3lbs counter weights (3), Shroud, Truss clamps
- Upper Cage Weight: 12lbs.
- Truss Pole Weight: 2.6lbs each. 16lbs total
- Mirror Box Weight: 70lbs.
- Dobsonian Base Weight: 66lbs.
- Fully Assembled Weight (with weights)?: 164lbs.
Shipping for this item is free in the Continental US Lower 48 states only. Shipping Fees include all handling & insurance.
- For Domestic Shipping to the Lower 48 States: All shipping prices include shipping, handling and insurance (if necessary).
- For Domestic Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Territories, APO & FPO: For many items to these destinations there will be an additional shipping fee. The shipping costs may be calculated on the Shipping and Payments tab by entering your Zip Code. Free shipping is for the lower 48 only
- For International Shipments: All international orders are managed through eBay's Global Shipping Program. Please see the Shipping Tab for full costs.
- Hotels: Unfortunately at this time we do not ship to hotels.
Tax: Sales tax will be collected on all orders shipped to NY and NJ
Paypal: PayPal is our preferred method of payment for all of our eBay sales. For customer service please contact us through eBay Messages
Immediate payment via PayPal is required for all Buy It Now items. For all Best Offers, payment is required within 3 days. If you need special arrangements, please contact us through eBay messages. After your order has been shipped, you will receive an e-mail with the name of the carrier and the tracking number.
Returns are permitted if you are not satisfied with your purchase and must be initiated by the buyer within 30 days from delivery date.
For Domestic Purchases:
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it (see exceptions in Paragraph F below), within 30 days of receipt, for a refund or replacement - subject to the following:
a) Contact us through eBay messages or the returns link to receive a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to ensure proper handling of the return and/or replacement.
b) In order to be eligible for a full refund, less shipping expenses, your returned merchandise must be in its original new condition, as shipped, with all packaging, manuals, and paperwork intact and unaltered. Items which have been opened are returnable, however they will carry a restocking fee.
c) Customers remain responsible for the shipping and handling expenses incurred in shipping the item to them. If an item is offered with "Free Shipping," this means we are paying the freight on your behalf. If that product is returned for a refund, the shipping expenses incurred, will be deducted from the refund. If an item is refused, the carrier bills us for shipping both ways, and these expenses incurred on your behalf need to be deducted from your refund
d) All returns are subject to inspection. Products returned must be in brand new condition, as per Paragraph b), if not, it may be deemed non-refundable or will be subject to at least a 15% restocking fee. If your return is missing accessory components, or shows signs of wear - restocking fees will be higher. For specific restocking fees that may be applicable to your return, please contact us through eBay messages.
e) Returns should be packed in an outer shipping carton, not just the original box/packing of the product. The RMA# should be clearly inscribed on the shipping label. A copy of your invoice and Order # should be included, and your return should be insured, with shipping costs pre-paid. We cannot accept any COD shipments.
f) There are product categories which are not returnable due to hygienic or sanitary as required by manufacturers. If your items is a consumable good or is has been locked by a manufacturer such as Apple or HP the return will not be accepted
For Warranty information, merchandise lost / any other issues in transit, or order cancellations, please contact us through eBay Messages. In an event where there is an error regarding a price error or description, we will notify you ASAP. In this event there will be no obligation to proceed with the purchase. Any amount charged to the customer will be 100% refunded.
For International Purchases:
Returns will be accepted within 30 days of the receipt of the item. In order to be eligible for a refund your returned merchandise must be in its original unopened condition, as shipped, with all packaging, manuals, and paperwork intact and unaltered. Items removed from their 'blister-pack' display packaging are non-refundable.
International Buyers must pay return shipping via the same method originally shipped.
We strive for every transaction to be five stars!
Please let us know how we can make yours a five-star rated one too!
Our goal is to make sure you are customer 100% satisfied with your order. When you receive your order take a minute to leave us positive feedback at eBay. If you are not satisfied with any part of our service we please contact us to allow us correct the problem, prior to leaving your feedback. Please send us a message through eBay and let us know how we can earn your 5 stars!
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us through eBay message.
Filed under: High-End Telescope Auctions (USA)