For sale is a very lightly used (like, used three or four times “lightly”) iOptron Skyguider Pro Camera Mount with hard shell, waterproof case and four (x4) 5000 mAh backup 5VDC power packs. The Mount runs/charges on 5VDC micro-USB “cell phone” style charger, which I have also included in this kit. I was using this Mount with my Nikon D800 DSLR along with my 28-300mm lens (ie, a big heavy camera/lens combo). The specs say 11lb capacity, which I am absolutely inclined to believe, given the ease it moved with my kit mounted to it.
I’m only selling because I simply do not have time to devote to my astrophotography hobby and therefore am listing this “as-is”, with no warranty or returns. I have bought/sold all sorts of fragile camera gear on eBay, so you can trust that I will take great care to ensure that this awesome Mount will make it to you in excellent condition. Never dropped, bumped, bruised. Kept in hard case since being purchased new last October (2017). I have literally used this less than 8 hours total, so it’s as close to New as it can get!!
FREE SHIPPING to anywhere in lower 48 Continental US. No International Shipping
The following is the detail for this Mount as listed on one of the “big camera gear websites”:
Introducing The SkyGuider Pro - iOptron's next generation camera tracking device! Leading the camera tracker market for nearly four years, iOptron's SkyGuider Pro pushes closer to perfection.
• All metal mechanical structure
• Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8" or 1/4" threads
• Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, with DEC mounting bracket, exclude CW)
• Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
• Detachable alt-azi base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
• Includes iOptron AccuAlign dark-field illuminated polar scope
• Adjustable polar scope illumination
• 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
• Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
• Quick slew (144X) for camera framing adjustment
• Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of operation (20deg. C)
• Built-in ST-4 auto guiding port
• HBX port for external hand controller
• Micro USB port for power, charging and firmware upgrade
• Built-in shutter triggering port
• Padded carry bag included
• DEC mounting bracket
• Counterweight and CW shaft
• Vixen dovetail saddle for scope mounting
The redesigned SkyGuider Pro mount head is more compact, small enough to fit on your palm, better precision, silent tracking, built-in rechargeable power source, ST-4 guiding port and camera trigger port. The improved precision polar scope maintains a fine engraved reticule, now features adjustable illumination with different brightness levels. Using with our iOS app, quick and accurate polar alignment is just a joy.
The DEC mounting bracket allows you to balance a heavy camera and/or lens better or even mount a light telescope. The optional 8408 hand controller allows you to check the Pole Star position for the polar alignment, slew the mount, adjust the guiding rate, change the mount settings and control the camera trigger.
The SkyGuider Pro features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres. We have also added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse to help quickly reframing your image without disrupting the cameras position.
We have made big improvements on the SkyGuider Pro's removable alt-azimuth base, which features a precision bubble level, degree markings for the altitude and a built in post for the azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyGuider Pro head (without the base) directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4" or 3/8" threads.
The DEC mounting bracket package, which includes DEC mounting bracket, counterweight shaft, counterweight and Vixen-type dovetail saddle, makes the SkyGuide Pro mount suitable for a heavier camera/lens system, even a lightweight telescope.
The SkyGuider Pro is certainly a must have tool for any photographer interested in astroscape or wide field astrophotography.
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories